Anyone else doing protein shakes??

Options
Just wondering if anyone else was doing protein shakes as part of their weight loss plan....I have just started...day 3...and so far so good. Not really hungry, no cravings, and I have to love that I have chocolate twice a day! :) Anyway, feel free to add me!

Replies

• twinder0107
    Options
    I do protein shakes in my weight lost
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    As meal replacement or a supplement before/after exercising?
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I don't drink them at all......I'd rather eat foods for my calories and nutrients.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    I don't do them as meal replacements, but I do drink them as prep or recovery from workouts. I prefer to eat a meal for a meal but really do love the protein boost before or after a workout
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I use them on workout days, particularly because I tend to go early in the morning and its asking too much of me to get up even earlier to have a proper breakfast.

I may occasionally use them as a lunch if I'm really not hungry, but definitely not all the time.
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    A protein shake is just another source of protein. And you can use it to your advantage when it comes to replacing a meal, for example if your average calorie intake was 2000 calories, and this was all whole foods. Having a protein shake instead of, let's just say for example, lunch (300-400 calories), you replaced 3-400 calories with a 150 calorie protein shake. hypothetically speaking. It all depends on how you use it =]
  • lynn7298
    lynn7298 Posts: 18
    Options
    I am using them as meal replacements twice daily.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I use protein shakes at least once a day....It is hard for me to get all of my calories in sometimes & this helps, I also use them in place of a meal if I am too busy to eat or for whatever reason....Especially since I have started weight training...It doesn't hurt that it is the only chocolate I get to have also...lol :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mbriscoe79
    mbriscoe79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have one everyday for breakfast, mainly because I cant eat food in the morning.

In my mind its better to have a shake for brekkie than nothing
  • akiramezu
    Options
    Yup, that is fine (:
    if you look at my diary, i replace 3-4 meals with protein shakes x) but then again, i eat 8 times a day
    just wish MFP could add more time slots instead of 6 ):
  • NanniesKitchen
    Options
    I do, I really really like them. They fill me up, and I would rather drink then eat sometimes.
  • QueenChacon
    Options
    I do. About one a day as a snack. I have vanilla, but I'm getting chocolate next.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I want to. But there is so many different brands that I dont know what to buy lol
  • lynn7298
    Options
    I am such a chocolate beast that I mix in a half packet of swiss miss diet cocoa mix and started using silk chocolate almond milk....soooo yummy. I have also added a drop of peppermint extract. I can see this becoming a bad habit! lol! :laugh:
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    i do, post workout
  • akiramezu
    Options
    I want to. But there is so many different brands that I dont know what to buy lol

Gaspari, Dymatize or Optimum Nutrition
  • lynn7298
    Options
    The one that has the best taste....to me...is Designer Whey...It's only 100 cal for a scoop.
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    1 cup Frozen Strawberries
    1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
    1 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk
    Blend

Best Ice cream ever!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I make protein pudding from my Dymatize Vanilla Whey, plain greek yogurt, usually some fruit or sugar. It tastes like vanilla pudding. NOM NOM NOM
  • lynn7298
    Options
    WorkoutMaine and Elizabeth_C34 . . . I am absolutely going to try out your recipes!