negative calorie foods

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    They do exist. All fruits and vegetables do contain calories. It's just that your body uses more calories to digest certain foods, than the foods actually contain. And that's what negative calorie foods are.

^ Except this is not actually how it works.

Lets suppose your example were true and you were to take two identical people.

One of them eats exactly enough calories to maintain weight.
    The other one eats exactly enough calories to maintain weight and then they eat 30lbs of Lettuce.

Do you honestly believe the second person will lose weight because they ate the lettuce? After all, if the calories are negative wouldn't the person eating all that negative calorie food be losing weight, even though he ate MORE than the first person?

Negative calorie foods do not exist. Diet induced thermogenesis does not exceed the energy value of the food you eat.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Negative calorie food?

Don't put any food in your mouth.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    WATER
  • qsusanevans
    Options
    I love the concept. The thread makes me laugh. Pigs fly.
    :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    They do exist. All fruits and vegetables do contain calories. It's just that your body uses more calories to digest certain foods, than the foods actually contain. And that's what negative calorie foods are.

No...and holy thread necromancy batman!
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Classic answer Sara!!! lol True story!!
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Here is the list I've compiled so far. Of course there is no magic food but I am trying to include these foods prepared in a healthy way as often as I can.

Apples, Apricots, Artichokes, Asparagus, Beet Greens, Beets, Blackberries, Blueberries, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts , Buffalo Fish, Cabbage, Cantaloupe, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celeriac, Celery, Cherries, Chervil, Chicory , Chinese Cabbage, Chives, Clams, Cod, Corn, Crabs, Cranberries, Cucumbers, Currants, Damson Plum , Dandelion Greens, Egg Plant , Endive, Flounder , Frog Legs, Garlic , Grapefruit , Grapes , Green Beans, Honeydew, Huckleberries, Kale , Kohlrabi, Kumquats, Leeks , Lemons , Lettuce , Limes , Lobster , Loganberries, Mangoes , Mushrooms , Muskmelons , Mussels , Mustard Greens, Nectarines, Okra, Onions, Oranges , Oysters, Papaya , Parsley Leaves , Parsnips , Peaches , Pears , Peas , Peppers , Pineapple, Pomegranates , Prunes , Pumpkin, Quince, Radishes, Raspberries , Red Cabbage, Rhubarb, Salsify , Sauerkraut, Scallions , Sea Bass , Shrimps , Sorrel , Spinach , Squash , Steaks, Strawberries , String Beans, Tangerines , Terrapin , Tomato , Turnips, Watercress , Watermelon, Zucchini,

I appreciate that this was alphabetical.
  • yourstylistami
    Options
    I second ice cubes...otherwise they don't exist.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

This! Wow!

Plus it's a first and only post! That's something special!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha really?

Air & water..... 0 cals.

Those are the ONLY things that are 0 calories. Everything else has calories.

Where to people get these ideas about 0 cal foods? Oh wait....I know

Weight Watchers.

Nuf said.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Here is the list I've compiled so far. Of course there is no magic food but I am trying to include these foods prepared in a healthy way as often as I can.

Apples, Apricots, Artichokes, Asparagus, Beet Greens, Beets, Blackberries, Blueberries, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts , Buffalo Fish, Cabbage, Cantaloupe, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celeriac, Celery, Cherries, Chervil, Chicory , Chinese Cabbage, Chives, Clams, Cod, Corn, Crabs, Cranberries, Cucumbers, Currants, Damson Plum , Dandelion Greens, Egg Plant , Endive, Flounder , Frog Legs, Garlic , Grapefruit , Grapes , Green Beans, Honeydew, Huckleberries, Kale , Kohlrabi, Kumquats, Leeks , Lemons , Lettuce , Limes , Lobster , Loganberries, Mangoes , Mushrooms , Muskmelons , Mussels , Mustard Greens, Nectarines, Okra, Onions, Oranges , Oysters, Papaya , Parsley Leaves , Parsnips , Peaches , Pears , Peas , Peppers , Pineapple, Pomegranates , Prunes , Pumpkin, Quince, Radishes, Raspberries , Red Cabbage, Rhubarb, Salsify , Sauerkraut, Scallions , Sea Bass , Shrimps , Sorrel , Spinach , Squash , Steaks, Strawberries , String Beans, Tangerines , Terrapin , Tomato , Turnips, Watercress , Watermelon, Zucchini,

Apples are about 60 cals each.
    Blueberries 57cals a punnet

Are you seriously thinking they are all 0 cals?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I suppose caffeinated beverages... If you wanted to make it a food I suppose you could freeze a block of coffee/diet soda and slice it into bread slices and then put a pickle in between with some Walden Farms syrup.
  • kcrosby9
    kcrosby9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Black tea or coffee or diet coke is all 2 calories, so no.
  • kcrosby9
    kcrosby9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Apple: between 60 and 115 calories depending on the size
    Apricots: 15-23 calories
    Artichokes: 49 calories cooked
    Asparagus: 3 calories per spear
    Blackberries: 80 calories for one cup
    Blueberries: 78 calories for one cup
    Broccoli: approx 7 calories per floret
    Brussel Sprouts: approx 8 calories per sprout
    Cabbage: 15 calories per cup shredded
    Cantaloupe: 51 calories for a cup of melon balls, 12 for a smallish wedge
    Carrot: 45 calories
    Cauliflower: 3 calories per floweret
    Celeriac root: 59 calories per cup
    Celery: 15 per cup chopped, 5 per stalk
    Cherries: 87 per cup, 3 calories for one cherry

You get the idea. I concur with ice cubes. Certainly none of the berries and fruits are close to 'negative' - definitely not the tropical fruits like mango which are all north of 70 odd calories per serving.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Burns calories.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Fingernails. But only if they are your own. Coz, like, they are already a part of you so when you digest them you are burning calories burning stuff that was already part of you.

You have to count other people's fingernails, though.

ETA - if you eat someone elses, the other person should eat back the fingernail calories.
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    Fingernails. But only if they are your own. Coz, like, they are already a part of you so when you digest them you are burning calories burning stuff that was already part of you.

You have to count other people's fingernails, though.

ETA - if you eat someone elses, the other person should eat back the fingernail calories.
    :laugh:
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    Let's start a new alphabetical list:

Air, but ideally served w/ exercise
    Fingernails (must be own)
    Ice
    Water, but ideally served w/ exercise
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    you could freeze a block of coffee/diet soda and slice it into bread slices and then put a pickle in between with some Walden Farms syrup.

i know what im having for lunch..

lmfao
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    tumblr_men00bmnSe1r60h6bo1_250.gif