12346»

Replies

• amygee05nb
    Options
    ya learn to love it
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it too, but I just taught myself to like it. Now it's the only thing I drink.

You might try tea though. Unsweetened tea that you brew yourself is basically just flavored water.
  • KaydeeMehl
    Options
    ok honestly, if people keep posting about "we cant be friends after this statement." I WILL START REPORTING for offensive/insulting behavior
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I cannot abide drinking plain water!!!!!!!!!!

I usually put a tiny (and i mean tiny) bit of no added sugar cordial in there. Just enough to give it a slight flavour. I do find plain water slightly easier to drink if it has A TON of ice in it though and I also have herbal teas. You can get some really lovely flavours of herbal tea and you can drink them hot or cold.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Not a fan either. Here is what works for me:
    Adding a little Mio and drinking it out of a water bottle that has a straw built into to it. I feel like I can get through it quicker with the water bottle and mine has markings, so I know exactly how much I am drinking.
    As soon as I started drinking water my weight loss picked up a bit.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Just because you add some flavoring, doesn't make the water into 'not water'. :-)
    This. If you don't like plain water, drink flavored water, or juice, or diet soda, or tea, or coffee, or whatever it is you enjoy drinking. If you pick something that has calories, be mindful of the calories. Otherwise, whatever you choose to drink will hydrate you just as well as drinking plain ol' boring water.
    [/quote

This should make it easy to get your water in.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Think of it as an acquired taste. Like beer. Just keep drinking it until you love it. You may be surprised it doesn't take that long... :drinker:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Oh... 2 more things...

I see a few people suggest "chugging" water. That can actually be dangerous and bad for you. Ok, probably for a glass or two, but not these folks who try to drink 32, 64 or more ounces at once. (See the postings from yesterday on water - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/529815-water)

Another thing... someone mentioned drinking water out of a container you like. That can be very important. Water out of a metal glass may taste metallic. Water out of a glass that still has some dishwasher detergent residue in it tastes awful! I prefer a clean, clear glass or a ceramic mug (sometimes chilled), but you may like something else. Try a few things and see.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    if you don't like lemon maybe try frozen rasberries or cranberries.

ooh, that sounds good!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    if you dont like lemons you could try cranberries. fresh ginger is also nice - really nice with lemon lol :)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I like the slice of ginger idea!
    I've also heard of using almond extract.
    Honey's nice, but it adds some calories too.
    Almost any crushed fruit... plums or cherries can be nice too.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    If you don't like plain water, don't drink plain water. There is no reason to. Just make sure you get your hydration from other sources, i.e. tea/coffee/milk/juice/soda/fruit/veg. There is no need to drink plain water for most of us.
  • monicalynne68
    monicalynne68 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    lemon AND a few packs of sweet n low OR truvia...make it into lemonade..
    or you could add crystal light mix to it... that only has 5 calories...
    or buy the flavored fizzy waters... they ahve ALL kinds of flavors at walmart.

The flavored fizzy waters are not only expensive but some have sugar in them. I have a sodastream machine at home. It makes sparkling water that you can add syrups to to make coke, diet coke, diet 7-up etc however they also have flavorings that you can add that basically make all those flavored fizzy waters you see in the store at a fraction of the price.
  • franceslynn
    franceslynn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light for sure. I hate the "taste" of water but I love juice. Also this might sound weird, but try cucumber water I was really skeptical at first, but its actually really good.
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    This is my first post here!
    I just has to reply to this since I ABSOLUTELY HATE drinking water as well. I even tried those brita filters but those only make it worse, water tastes weird after using them. I'm afraid we don't have any other choice but slowly getting used to it. I'm trying to force myself to drink one glass of water each day for the first week.then i'll add one more glass per week until I can finally get used to it. In the meantime i'm drinking diet sodas or pressed orange juice.
    I've tried getting used to water several times, but I never suceed. I got used to diet soda so I guess there's still hope for me.

If water is still not an option for you, drink diet sodas (try to remove the bubbles), juices or anything you can tolerate with no sugar. Still be aware that sweeteners aren't a healthy choice in the long run, though they can be useful for losing weight and not adding more "stress" to this weightloss process. Once you have lost all the weight you need to lose you can try using small amounts of sugar per day and burning it with exercise.

I have to say that i was born in a 'third world country' and i still had problems with water since i was a baby. I've never ever liked the taste/non-taste.
    I can only tolerate water in small amounts and it always has to be freezing cold. I still find it disgusting though!
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    OMG. The ultimate first world problem. "I dont like drinking water" Im sorry, we just can never be friends after that statement.

120318-133110.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jmankin2012
    Options
    my suggestion is

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Grape-Drink-Mix-.78-oz/10415915

Walmart and other companies sell drop ins for a bottle of water, you can use a glass too just need 16.7 oz

The flavors come in

Blackberry Grape - my favorite
    Grape
    Cherry
    Cherry Pomegranate
    Green Tea
    Mango
    Blueberry Acai

and others

under $2 for a box of 8

5 calories per 8 oz or 10 calories per bottle of water

Wylers also sells a couple of different types of lemonades, same principal, calorie count, a bit more expensive

Propel has these too not my favorite and pretty expensive and i'm sure others

Also crystal light that i see someone else mentioned works

enjoy
  • alisma73
    alisma73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making jelly - has the same fluid levels and if you get sugar free versions shouldn't affect nutrition values too much xx