Easy meals for the non-cook

Options
13»

Replies

• Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    2 graham crackers(chocolate) and some lite whip cream-- put in frezer for 1 hour and there you are! You have a 100 calorie icecream sandwhich!
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    The best tasting, healthiest food has very few ingredients. Keep it simple and you'll do fine.

I put this in another post the other night, but one of my new favorites are stuffed chicken breasts. I do three at a time for my lunch bag for three days, and that way if I screw it up or dont like it I dont have a lot of it, but I have loved both I tried so far.

I have found this turns out great. Roll chicken breasts in flour only, then put in skillet with a tiny bit of olive oil for three minutes each side so the pink is visibly gone.

Let them cool and gently slice horizontally so you can fold open and stuff. Last week for three breasts I used a mixture 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar, 4 oz fat free ricottta and 2 cups of chopped broccoli. (frozen broccoli florettes chopped down a bit smaller).

Put on pan (foil lined sprayed with pam for super easy clean up) and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Another mixture that was fabulous stuffed in (and piled on top of) the chicken breasts was ricotta, basil and lemon juice! Tonight I'm going to try a crushed peanut coating and layered inside. Maybe. Or that broccoli cheddar was pretty good too!! havent decided my lunches fate yet LOL
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    so maybe it's just me, but i love having soup. it's microwavable and cooks quick :) my fav is campbells vegetable and i like to throw in a 100 cal pack of goldfish
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump for later! These look great.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Get a crockpot and go to town! There are tons of crockpot recipes all over the place, including lots that you make in batches and freeze.

I agree with this. I love my crock pot and its so easy. And lots of different ideas on here.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    High temp Eye of round roast beef

2-3lb eye of round
    salt
    pepper

pre-heat the oven to 475

sprinkle roast with salt and pepper

put roast on a pan

put in the oven and turn heat down to 450

7 min per lb

turn off the oven and DO NOT open the oven for 4 hours

take it out and slice the meat thin.

If you know how to make gravy you can use the drippings, if not jar gravy will work.

It is great to slice and make sandwiches or open face roast beef sandwiches all week.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    All the basic recipes here are great.... but you should take the time to learn to cook... it doesn't have to be fancy. you'll enjoy healthy food more. Save up some money and look into local cooking classes. My mom used to take them from our local city (junior) college. It was like one night a week. But cooking is becoming cool, so there are little chef / cook schools all over. there's even one in the mall by my house. If you have a DVR, find "Good Eats" on food network. It's my favorite show (it just ended, but the reruns should be on for a long time). He explains the SCIENCE behind cooking / baking / etc, and how to do things correctly, and explains common pitfalls, and how to avoid them.

Good luck in all of your journey, and hopefully it becomes more fun and tasty! :-)
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    *BUMP
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Try looking on cookinglight.com. They have quick, healthy, low calorie meals. And everything I have tried from there has been really good.
  • rachelgoutos
    Options
    I want to bump this!

You could also make an easy stir fry by cutting up a wide variety of vegetables (or use frozen) and saute them with a little olive oil along with either shrimp or chicken (if you dont want to cook either, you can use frozen cooked shrimp or already cooked chicken strips). Once warm, add a marinane of choice as there are a ton of different sauces and marinades that are not too bad in calories, fat, sugar, etc. If you use already frozen/cooked veggies and meat then you really only have to sate them for a few minutes until they are warm. Then add to rice or pasta or eat as is with a salad or other easy side.
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Bump!
  • BeckySmith44
    Options
    Bumpity-bump
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Italian Chicken

Put chicken (frozen or thawed, whatever) in crockpot.
    Dump Italian Dressing on top.
    Cook on high 5 hours or low 8 hours (sometimes longer if frozen, but it depends on how much chicken you put in).