Exercise to Build Up a Flat Butt

Options
I swear I have the flattest butt on earth. Heck it's probably more of a dent than flat lol. I've been considering finding some exercise videos or exercises to help build it up. I think I would be more successful with a video because it would be structured and someone would be guiding me. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't have hips that need to be slimmed or anything like that. I need some bootyliciousness lol I still have a long way to go with my weightloss but I thought it might help to try to build some things up too.

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats, leg press and lunges. All heavy, all 10-12 reps all as much weight as you can handle, 4-6 sets.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats, leg press and lunges. All heavy, all 10-12 reps all as much weight as you can handle, 4-6 sets.

Yup!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    This is why I think I need a video or some kind of instruction because I'm not even sure what exactly those are or how to do them correctly :)
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Squats
    quadriceps-exercises-barbell-full-squats.gif

Leg Press
    butt-exercises-machine-leg-presses.gif

Lunges
    quadriceps-exercises-dumbbell-lunges.gif
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    brail butt lift dvd's
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I swear I have the flattest butt on earth. Heck it's probably more of a dent than flat lol. I've been considering finding some exercise videos or exercises to help build it up. I think I would be more successful with a video because it would be structured and someone would be guiding me. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't have hips that need to be slimmed or anything like that. I need some bootyliciousness lol I still have a long way to go with my weightloss but I thought it might help to try to build some things up too.

Check out The Butt Bible on youtube to see if that's something you are looking for. If so, you can buy the 3 dvd 6 weeks program on Amazon.com.
  • kyrasmum
    kyrasmum Posts: 50
    Options
    The butt bible workouts. They are all on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcNxaXb5Ews&feature=channel
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that those step-machines in the gym do that. You're essentially walking up an endless flight of stairs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Weight overload is needed to increase the mass in your *kitten*. Stick to the basics of compound movements. Squats, leg presses, lunges are mainstays. Gotta do them heavy too. Light weight ( like "shaping" DVD's) training won't do it. That will just make your flat butt feel "harder".

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Bump. Unfortunately I too have no butt. Was going to buy one of the dvds but now I think I will try the weights/reps yall have suggested. Thanks for always responding with such helpful tips!:flowerforyou:
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Listen to the boys on this one. My husband is a competitive powerliftier (low reps of VERY heavy squats and deadlifts) and he has the tightest, cutest butt in the world.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options

Check out The Butt Bible on youtube to see if that's something you are looking for. If so, you can buy the 3 dvd 6 weeks program on Amazon.com.

This!!
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    lots of good butt toning ideas in here , bump :)
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I got a butt when I started to elliptical and treadmill walking every day.
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    I have a big butt and wanna keep it that way, so will those same workouts work for me too??

4463764.png
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    LOTS of squats... I have never had a flat butt, but it wasnt very perky now its VERY perky and just looks a heck of a lot bigger
  • ArtsyLaurie
    ArtsyLaurie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump, to re-read later.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i am a member of the flat butt team too.

I have been doing squats and lunges too (initially without weights) and have noticed a difference, but i am ready for a lil heavier lifting for a rounder bum!
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump! And a great big thank you to the awesome MFP'er that posted pics! You rock!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    <
    flattest butt in town. I just started a heavy lifting program to help in my weight-loss goal so I am VERY VERY VERY happy to hear that some of the stuff I'm already doing will help give me a defined buttocks!

PS My husband thanks you too! :laugh: