Best Protein Powder

Options
I am sure this has been asked before and I am sure that everyone has a different opinion.... with that being said I am looking for the best protein powder with these three items in this order.

1. Taste
2. Value $$$
3. Best for you/effectiveness

I may have my priorities out of whack for most people but I am fearful that I will buy 5 or 10lbs of this stuff at a ridiculous price and it will sit on top of my fridge for the rest of my days. I intend to mix it with milk or water but am open to hearing what works for you and what doesn't.

Please help and thank you in advance-

Replies

• surimurphy
    surimurphy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump (curious to your replies!) Have the same problem.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i use "Nature's Way - Metabolic Reset Hunger Control Weight Loss Shake Chocolate," it says you can mix it with water......but it tastes horible that way, i use vanilla almond milk with it.....and its abit more expencive than i would like(25-35$$ for 1 week):drinker:
  • dwurth2
    dwurth2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Syntha 6 Vanilla Ice Cream as far as taste and value. Jay Robb Vanilla as far as taste and healthy--Jay Robb comes from grass-fed cows, but it is pricey!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The one I use and like the most is Isopure Dutch Choclate
  • RimRK
    RimRK Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi:)
    I have only tried one protein powder on the recommendation of the buff handsome dude working at the nutrition house. It is by Precision, All Natural Whey Isolate. It's a pretty "clean" protein, about 50 bucks (CAD) for 850g. I have tried both vanilla and chocolate chunk, they are delicious mixed with berries or just Almond Milk:) I am curious to see other people's preferences.
  • bmac1996acc
    Options
    I like BioQuest Vectron
  • HuntingArpegius
    HuntingArpegius Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    truenutrition.com has a bunch of different proteins and flavors
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    bump
  • EricDe90x
    EricDe90x Posts: 51
    Options
    IMO I really love the Super Advanced Body Fortress Whey Isolate Vanilla Creme. You can get it at Walmart and it's $22 for 2 lbs which I think is a decent price since it lasts me about a month. But there's probably better ones out there you can get on Bodybuilding.com or something. Body Fortress works for me.

Edit:
    Taste - 10/10 (with milk, I haven't tried it with water)
    Value - 8.5/10
    Effectiveness - 9/10 (for almost immediate soreness relieving and no digestive issues, but I haven't had it quite long enough to comment on the gain effects)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I use GNC amp wheybolic extreme in vanilla and I like it. Supposedly it's good quality, but who knows. I like vanilla because I can turn it into any flavor, basically.
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    I was introduced to the Body By Vi Shake Mix in January 2011 and it's great. I've lost 17lbs since I started taking it and 15 inches. The Shake Mix taste great; the Shake Mix that Tastes like Cake Mix. Theres plenty of nutritional benefits for people that want to lose weight and gain lean muscle. I take two shakes a day and it cost $99 per month. I love the shake so much i've started promoting it; you can visit my site https://brendawallace1.myvi.net/ to get more information :D
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Money wise

IsoFuel or Optimum Nutrition - $19.99 for 2 pound tub. Both have delicious flavors like Optimum Nutrition Chocolate mint or IsoFuel Butterscotch

Xtreme Formulations Lemon Cream Pie is more pricey, but nothing compares to it in taste. Nothing.
  • betternowthanlater
    betternowthanlater Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Unjury is Medical Grade and is great!
  • jompeters
    jompeters Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I both love the Isalean Vanilla and Chocolate Shakes by Isagenix.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Just read a good article a few hours ago from this fitness expert I follow on Facebook, Natalie Jill.

http://nataliejillfitness.com/products/protein/

Hopefully that link provided some help.
  • dtpss188
    dtpss188 Posts: 85
    Options
    I eat a can of tuna.
  • skichick1968
    Options
    Max Muscle has great powders that taste good with low sugar.
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    Syntha 6 Vanilla Ice Cream as far as taste and value. Jay Robb Vanilla as far as taste and healthy--Jay Robb comes from grass-fed cows, but it is pricey!

I use Syntha 6 Vanilla Ice Cream with juice and frozen berries after my workout as a nice treat. I use Syntha 6 Chocolate with skim milk, a banana & a little peanut butter in the morning...it lasts me until lunch at 1 pm. Tastes really good & you can get it for less online at Cheap Vitamins (roughly about $30 with shipping).