Dirty Girl - Scranton, PA

Options
I would LOVE to do this untimed obstacle course race, just because it looks like so much fun. Is anyone else going?

http://www.godirtygirl.com/

Shannon

Replies

• natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    This is the first I heard about it, but it does look fun!! There are still afternoon slots available....
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This is the first I heard about it, but it does look fun!! There are still afternoon slots available....

It looks like it was a one day event, but they've added Sunday too. Lots of slots are open on Sunday. Are you in PA?

Shannon
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I am so totally considering doing this!!! I am nowhere near ready to RUN a 5k, but I could definitely walk one with periods of running! It sounds like an absolute blast, and I'm only about two hours from there. Hmm...I need to talk to my hubby and get my booty signed up!
  • natalie412
    Options
    Yes - I am in Lancaster County - about 2 hours away. I am running my first 5K in a couple weeks, but this does look like fun!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    Bump... anyone else interested in going? My hubby said he'd drive, but I know it's a women's only event.

Shannon
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    Anyone else interested in going? I like the idea that it's untimed, since it will be my first adventure race. Has anyone ever trained for one of these?

Shannon
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    Yay! I signed up for it. My cousin, Kara, is going to go with me on 5.6 for the 11am wave. I can't wait... this will be my first mud run!!!:-D

Shannon
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    That looks like a lot of fun! I'm not too far from there.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i am in maine, and i am doing something similar in May!
    www.intothemudchallenge.com

Enjoy yours, sounds like a lot of fun!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I wish this came to New England!
  • butjuli
    butjuli Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I live less than 10 minutes from where the race in being held (in Moosic). My friends and I are supposed to be doing it. Maybe we will see you there =]
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    It would be neat to meet other MFP members there. Maybe we should wear something so we can find each other?

Shannon
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Wish It was co-ed!! I live in York and that looks like alot of fun.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Are any of you hesitant to sign up because you'd be doing this alone? I don't even know if my hubby would be able to go with me to this event, so I'd be flying solo. Any suggestions or thoughts?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    Well, I'm just the type of gal that doesn't like to travel by herself. I know I could do the event solo if I really wanted to.

But I don't have to go alone.... my cousin, Kara, said she'd love to give it a try! She hasn't worked out in a year and is overweight, but she's hoping that this will motivate her to get back in the swing of things. A friend, Margo, might be going too. I have to give her a call over the weekend. I'm VERY EXCITED. I'd better start training now.:-D

We could always have a MFP meetup at the event. Then no one would feel like they were there alone.

Shannon
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    I officially signed up for the 5.6.12 Wave 12 11am race. My cousin and gym aquaintance are going too. Trying to connect with people. Anyone else going to this event?

Shannon
  • natalie412
    Options
    I officially signed up for the 5.6.12 Wave 12 11am race. My cousin and gym aquaintance are going too. Trying to connect with people. Anyone else going to this event?

Shannon
    I am thinking about it.... Just not sure yet. If I do, I would like to meet up.
  • RunAmock
    RunAmock Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am doing the one in Georgia in April. Looks like a lot of fun.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    That looks like a blast if I lived closer I so would !
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm in Middletown, PA...i was just looking up the Warrior Dash in the Poconos June 16... :o)