My NSV......... still can't believe it:)

Options
So today I made a Target run. They have weights on sale this week so I went to pick some up. My Target store has a StarBucks and usually I treat my son to something if he's been especially good (hard for a 4yr old boy whose mom drags him through every sale rack in the store), and lets face it, I get something for myself too.

So the NSV part: I DID NOT GET ANYTHING FROM STARBUCKS! I went to the counter, ordered my sons hot cocoa, and when she asked "anything for you" I said NO. I'm still in a bit of shock, as I love my starbucks and have always in the past justified it with an "oh, i'll run an extra mile" or "i'll do an extra 20mins of 30day shred". But today I just said no, and I'm super proud of myself:)

Thanks for reading:happy:

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    That is so fabulous and THANKS for letting me know about the weights sale at Target...I want some new weights.

YAY for you, you rock!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    It's easy for me to turn down starbucks. I think its the most vile tasting liquid ever!
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    Thanks! yes all of the Target brand neoprene hands weights are on sale. I got the 12lb ones for $13.60 (usually $17) a piece, plus my extra 5%off for using my red card.
  • me525
    Options
    It's easy for me to turn down starbucks. I think its the most vile tasting liquid ever!

Ya know the plain coffee is not that great, but oh how i love my lattes' and frappicinos'.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    that's great! impressive too...I usually just get a tall coffee when I stop at Starbucks to get snacky for my son, but that's not tooooo terrible :)
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job! Those little victories/good decisions mean a lot. I was at my nephew's birthday party last night and I had just one small piece of sub sandwich and skipped the cupcakes, even though I had the calories left to do it. Yay willpower!
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    That's a good NSV. Starbucks has always been my reward for taking my girls to the mall ;)
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    You know what that means, don't you? You have started the healthy lifestyle change. YAY for you.
  • cristianxb1983
    Options
    Everytime I go to Starbucks with my friends instead of getting a cup of CoffeeI ask for Tea... I know...I am the only person who go to Starbucks to get a Tea, but well... I dont care... And in some places they have a Light Apricot Muffin that I would share with a friend so it is not that bad once in a while...
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! Way to consider your long term health versus a moment of gratification!!!! That is a great NSV--thanks for sharing!:bigsmile:
  • me525
    Options
    You know what that means, don't you? You have started the healthy lifestyle change. YAY for you.

yep, and I even took the dog out last night for a 1.70mile "drag" when normally on a sunday night i would've just said forget it. I forgot about that:)
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, amazing how great we feel when we start doing the right things for our bodies, whoo hoo for you!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Nice glad you didn't give in. That is a treat in its self. Well done nice work.
  • SerenityGelsinger
    SerenityGelsinger Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the great work!:flowerforyou:
  • slparsaca
    slparsaca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That's great! Definitely a victory! Now that you've done it once it will be easier to turn it down again. Good job in going to Target to get something good for you too! I hope you enjoy your weights!
  • me525
    Options
    Everytime I go to Starbucks with my friends instead of getting a cup of CoffeeI ask for Tea... I know...I am the only person who go to Starbucks to get a Tea, but well... I dont care... And in some places they have a Light Apricot Muffin that I would share with a friend so it is not that bad once in a while...

I'm not really a tea person, the "heathiest" thing i ever get is an iced coffee with sugar free vanilla and skim milk, and that's no where near a substitute for a white chocolate mocha frapp:)
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    I DID THE SAME THING A COUPLE WEEKS AGO :) I know what you mean what a great feeling that was!!!
  • klpruitt7
    klpruitt7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    A little crazy that you posted that, because I am headed TO Target to get hand weights. Sweet! :) Congrats!
  • me525
    Options
    thanks everyone, I'm feeling great about myself today and that is something to enjoy:) just means i'm on my way to my goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!