May the odds be ever in your favor

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
So who is going to see the hunger games this weekend? I might wait until the weekend after because it's probably going to be crowded as hell and very large groups annoy me. Plus, I am not a fan of having to preorder tickets. I never know who is going until the last minute.

Replies

• Indy_Mario
    Indy_Mario Posts: 541
    Options
    I plan on going, for sure! I'll prolly go Sunday during the day
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'll be there early on Friday. I really can't wait. They better not F this up!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Not sure I am going to be able to make this weekend. But hopefully very soon.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm going to wait for the DVD. Not because I'm not interested, but because I hate rude people in theaters.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I really want to see it but I also really hate crowded movie theaters, so I'm kinda torn.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Brett, you have no idea how tickled I am that you openly admit your love for The Hunger Games. :laugh:

I have ome students that that are going to the midnight showing...it's a grading day on the 23rd. I might see if I can convince husband to go see it with me...
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    So excited! But I will also probably wait until the weekend after
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't do movie theaters. I haven't been in years. I waited for DVD for Harry Potter. I'll wait for DVD for this, too.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'll wait until next weekend myself. Hubs will be out of town, I can go by myself and enjoy. :smile:

And I'm with Brett, they better do a good job!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE the energy of opening weekend at the theater when the movie is something I want to see. I usually avoid the "children times" (prime time weekend) and will go to a matinee or wait till next weekend. But I REALLY want to see it, and I hope my husband will placate me, and go with me to see it.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Well shoot. Maybe I will go this weekend..since waiting until the weekend after seems to be popular.
  • Heyhamburger
    Heyhamburger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Going to the midnight premiere. Made t-shirts.
    (ultimate hunger games freak here)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So who is going to see the hunger games this weekend? I might wait until the weekend after because it's probably going to be crowded as hell and very large groups annoy me. Plus, I am not a fan of having to preorder tickets. I never know who is going until the last minute.

I wasn't going to read these books, but the movie trailers are intriguing, so I think I'm going to see the movie and then read the book. But we'll go during the week. It's $5 all day Monday-Thursday at the closest theater to me and I get out of work at 3:30. So even when we saw the last two Harry Potters the week they opened, the theater wasn't crowded.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I am going to pretend I'm 20 years old again and go with a group of friends to the midnight showing on Thursday! I am so excited. :happy:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't do movie theaters. I haven't been in years. I waited for DVD for Harry Potter. I'll wait for DVD for this, too.

Oh, Q! Some movies should be seen in the theater. I missed the first ix HPs because I wasn't into it yet, but I'm so glad I saw the last two on the big screen.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I will wait a week or two. My teen daughter thinks the book looks twisted, and won't read it. My husband said he is not going.

I am hoping that he will change his mind, or else I am going to have to find a freind that is interested but didn't already go on opening day.

By the way, I just read the first book Saturday. I am behind.
  • cjipping
    cjipping Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the midnight showing on Thursday! Woooooo, so excited! I'm dragging along my husband who has no idea what he's getting into, lol.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Oh, Q! Some movies should be seen in the theater. I missed the first ix HPs because I wasn't into it yet, but I'm so glad I saw the last two on the big screen.
    50" plasma and surround sound with reclining sofas and no annoying humans is dandy for me...
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am going to the Premier showing in Fort Morgan Friday afternoon with a bunch of 8th graders from Brush!:bigsmile:
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Going on Sunday :D yay!