Replies

• DAWNSTEP
    DAWNSTEP Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Going Sunday!!! CANNOT wait!
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I plan on seeing it, but maybe not this weekend. I'll let all the teenagers go this weekend. Or the hubs and I might go Sunday after church. I read all the books, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie. :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't do movie theaters. I haven't been in years. I waited for DVD for Harry Potter. I'll wait for DVD for this, too.
    Oh, Q! Some movies should be seen in the theater. I missed the first ix HPs because I wasn't into it yet, but I'm so glad I saw the last two on the big screen.
    50" plasma and surround sound with reclining sofas and no annoying humans is dandy for me...

lol

I really do enjoy the theater. I do wish some people would stay home, though. We saw Act of Valor on Tuesday evening and some idiot had a child in there -- probably about 1 year old. SO inappropriate.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    With trepidation, I admit I want to go. But I am so scared they are going to change it a lot, and I will be one of those annoying bookish nerds going, "it wasn't like that in the booooook":grumble: :angry:

I'm already shaking my head and wondering how on earth they got a PG-13 rating for it. How much content did they have to sacrifice to get it down to that?
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    IMAX on Friday afternoon.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Just read this book over the weekend...started it on Saturday afternoon and finished it up last night. I seriously could NOT put it down! Probably going to try and see the movie next week. Can't freaking wait!!!!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of the book right now - wish I had more time to read because I am really enjoying it. I'll probably wait until the theaters are a little less crowded and I've finished the book before I go see it.
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I ordered tickets in Feb. when you could preorder. Will bet there for the 7 pm showing on the 23rd! I wanted to go the midnight showing, but I have to work the next day and getting a babysitter for 7 was easier than 12! I CAN'T wait! I have read the series through 4 times and LOVE it!
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'll be there Sunday afternoon eating a ton of calories!!
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I really wanna watch it badly ;(

But I hate watching movies in the theaters...:((
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I will for sure be there. I have been waiting for this moment, ever so long!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My son and I are going to matinee on Saturday! Can't wait. Hope it's as good as the book!
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    Im going to go sometime to see it not sure when but I cannot wait to see it. The previews look amazing! I just finished reading all 3 of the books, they were amazing! So excited :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    We will wait til the crowds die down a bit, but I definitely want to see it on the big screen. Great books, should be great movies!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Taking my daughter on Friday (which also happens to be her 14th birthday). She read the books first, then convinced me to read them. I've read all 3 over the last 10 days.

Wow, the 3rd seems to be the bloodiest, especially near the end when that group gets into the Capital areas......
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm going with friends to the midnight show on Friday. I just finished reading "Hunger Games" on Saturday and excited to see the movie.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm going Saturday night! I bought my tickets online last week!
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Going to the midnight showing with some ladies from work and then probably going again Saturday night or Sunday afternoon with the bestie :happy:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Just bought tickets online for Friday. Spent a little more than I wanted, since there are 2 theaters in town, but only the pricier one has online ticket sales (and I didn't want to risk not getting tickets for me and my daughter).

Has anyone heard anything about the 2nd and 3rd books being made into movies?
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I read the series and then started reading it again, out loud, to the boyfriend. Finished the first book and about 1/3 of the way through the second (no *you* have a weird idea of foreplay).

We'll definitely go see it but.. you know, we're grown-*kitten* adults. I don't know if we can handle the teenybopper nonsense of opening weekend. def. want to see it in theatres though.