Replies

• sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Had a kid and started staying at home playing video games while eat pizza
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    I got REALLY thin after a serious operation and people that came to visit brought me boxes and boxes of chocolate and sweets, crisps etc. I always made my own meals beforehand, but because I was unable to move when I got home my mother made all my meals (high in calories, big portions) and I began to eat whole sandwiches as snacks because I was so thin and honestly didn't believe I could gain much weight. I gained a stone pretty quickly, but I was still thin I guess, just not as thin as I was.

Then I lost just under a stone of this weight I gained after my op and then college happened lol. A whole different ballgame when it came to takeaways and alcohol amongst junk food.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Always ate...and then...

New corporate office had a gourmet cafeteria. Warm made from scratch fruit pastries with honey glaze, deep fried bacon, fluffy eggs, sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits with hash browns every morning at 7. Lunch was fried whatever with gravy or cream sauce with fries and more fried stuff. For dinner, I filled my dinner plate with a lot of food and ate it all. Before getting home there was maybe a stop at Sonic or at McDonalds too.

I did that for 2 years and gained 10 sizes. Couldn't sleep, couldn't walk. Two knee braces later I was still eating..forgot to mention the bag of donut holes before the breakfast about and all the Starbucks caramel yummy goodness a person can stand.

I'm here and I'm getting it done. It is perfection at its finest!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    ...a misdiagnosis of gestational diabetes that caused a chain-reaction of medical problems for me
  • NoSharpei
    NoSharpei Posts: 73
    Options
    Having two kids, giving up smoking and working full-time at the same time as studying. Two kids and two degrees later I was huge!! Time to deal with that!
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Nice steady 12 stone (168 lbs), then gave up smoking Aug 2010 , then it crept up on me 14st 8.5lbs (204.5 lbs) Feb 2012, thank god i join this site, after being recommended by a friend, now 14st (196 lbs) and loosing. oh and 7.1 cholestrol int life great?
  • treasa327
    treasa327 Posts: 8
    Options
    i quit smoking in november 2004, plus i was in my late 30's so i was getting to the age where my metabolism was slowing down. i managed to go from 105 lbs up to 150, and then in the past year i put on another 10lbs. that is when i said enough already. i don't want to be 105lbs again, but @ 130 lbs would be nice.
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    went on the contraceptive injection at 18 gained the weight and could never lose it i was 8.5 stone and then ballooned up to 13 stone
  • only_5mom
    only_5mom Posts: 28
    Options
    Always struggled with weight to a certain extent. the biggest thing over the last 20 years has been having babies-gain pregnancy weight-eating to nurse-lose pregnancy weight just by nursing -look fabulous and feel great about the time the baby weans- not changing eating habits after baby weans-mommy gains. Do this 5 times and add age factor , metabolism slowing, baby is now 7 so children don't need the same level of activity from mom, they like to eat fast food and I did it with them, A LOT last summer. Went for a physical to go to camp with my cub scout and got a huge wake up call. Lose weight or blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds. Went back for a 6 month check after losing 25 lbs. Levels are back to normal!!!! This summer, they are eating salads with me!
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    I started gaining weight after I stopped playing sports in high school. My eating habits weren't stellar as a teen, so once I stopped being active, I started gaining a little weight. I gained more in college & then gained 40lbs with my first pregnancy. I had a hard time losing the baby weight. Eventually lost all of it, then gained it all back with my next pregnancy. After my second, I lost most of my weight quickly with breastfeeding and chasing after two active kids. Now, I really enjoy exercising and staying active again.
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I was very sick with both my pregnancies and basically adopted the policy that if I could keep it down I was eating it. I was never heavy until I had my second baby. After I had number two she didn't gain weight fast enough and my doctor told me to increase my calories to make sure I was producing high fat milk. I took this to be eat whatever you want when ever you want especially cheese cake, cup cakes and really anything with cake it the title. I ate 16 cupcakes with buttercream frosting in one day! After that I thought I need to re-evaluate as my baby was still not gaining weight but I certainly was! My baby is now 7 months and I have lost half the baby weight!
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am a binger....stress eater and a person that has to exercise to lose.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple, I started the Dukan Diet, then went to Atkins, to lose the last 10 pounds. I lost them, but then gained 20 back, putting me back where I was when I first started. It took me 1 1/2 years to lose those first 10 pounds, and I gained 20 back in 3 months.

NEVER doing low carb again.
  • sweetsoonergirl
    sweetsoonergirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's encouraging to see other people struggling with their weight as well. I've struggled with my weight since puberty: up and down 20 pounds here and there. Recently, my challenge has been being a newlywed, working 40-50 hours a week, and being in grad school part time. The challenging part is in the evenings I may not be very hungry but my husband is so I've found myself eating portions more his size than mine. I've gained 10 pounds since our wedding and we've been married barely 2 months. I know I have to make the change now before I gain anymore weight.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    2008SwissRoll_7771.jpg

These things were so good, but so not worth the 30 lbs of fat it added to my body. I'm yet to have one in 2 years.
  • greendoggie1487
    Options
    I was just being lazy. Now I am making walking and tracking what i eat a priority. In a great relationship also, I think that made it easier to eat :) happy all the time! Now just need to get active. When I met this great guy 2 years ago I was running, cycling and swimming to be very mildly competitive for sprint triathlons. kinda just got out of the habit. Have put on 30 # and need to get it back off! I will happen, just need some time. Good Luck to everyone!
  • edena1987
    edena1987 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Had to stop competitive swimming after hurting shoulder so badly that it would need surgery. Did not change eating habits after stopped swimming. 70 pounds later, here I am.
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I could blame it on my boys, but I was a big girl even before they came into the picture. I could blame my family history, but I made my own decisions. I don't have anyone to blame but myself and my bad choices. I do know that I am an emotional/stress eater and I need to be more conscious of that.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I was a super active highschool track coach assistant type chick, who got runned over by an 18 wheeler and fell into a deep dark depression while undergoing several years of physical therapy, during the first year I gained 100 pounds. tada fat.
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    Alcohol, sweets, takeaways, contraceptive injection, not exercising, used to work in McDonalds.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/yuliyax/view/why-did-i-gain-weight-before-and-after-238797