How did every 1 gain weight

Options
hutchy100
hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
I stopped playing rugby and stopped working out and still thought i could eat and drink what i wanted i went from 224 to 260 in 10 months

I'm down to 233 in 4 months

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Eating too much
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    My diet is generally good. I don't drink soda and hardly eat junk food. However, I wasn't paying attention to portions. I was eating as much as my 6 ft tall hubby and I'm nowhere near his height. Portion control is the biggest reason for the 25 pound weight gain. The other reason is I cut back on exercise after recovering from surgery.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I was always very slender, in the last 3 years both my husband & I received several promotions & began the eating out & buying tons more food. Sounds weird but that's what did it!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    3 babies in 4 years, I learned how to bake, and an addiction to diet coke. :)
  • dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i had four kids and after everyone i would give up a little more and i would eat what i wanted during pregnacy and didnt care so now i am dealing with trying to keep up the kids and being over weight and wounder why i did it this way.
  • Kristen34w
    Options
    I eat to much. I love sugar, carbs, bread, Mexican food. Food was my escape and comfort.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    When I was 15 I was very underweight. I just never ate much and was very active.

I started going out with someone who loved food at 16, and I put on some weight. I was finally a healthy weight for my height.

I had my first child at 19, gained a stupid amount of weight. Lost it all within 9 months of giving birth, without trying. I put this down to how young I was and the fact that I didn't drive so walked everywhere.

Had my second child at 24 and again, gained a stupid amount of weight. Lost some of it alone, but now I have around 15lbs to lose and it's just NOT COMING OFF.

So the short answer to your question would be....having kids.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i put a ton of weight by bulking for a whole year.
  • northfresh
    northfresh Posts: 111
    Options
    Mine snuck up on me. I think it was a combination of comfort eating, drinking too much/too often, and not taking into consideration that my body/lifestyle was changing as I got older.
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    A few years ago, I had a small case of Anorexia, and when I got over it my parents made me eat about 3 times more than what an normal person eats. My Anorexia is completely gone, and now I just want to lose the weight I need to lose the healthy way. I also never exercised much, so I got really flabby.
  • Fowa
    Fowa Posts: 9
    Options
    I started today. I did good from 2008 til six months ago. I had some back problems then quit. When the holidays started, I just ate what I wanted out of depression about my pain. It then became my norm. I am so depressed to see my legs and knees so big. I have two cardio stents and need to use my depression as a possitive to get better. I need help.
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think personal is a combination of not eating the right food, eating to much and not doing exercises!!! So I think that is why we all here on this site to learn how to eat and try to do what is best for us so we can loose weight and get in shape and avoid alot of health problems that come with obbesity!!! Good luck

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Carita79
    Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Going off of antidepressants
    falling in love
    moving in together
    nuturing him and me with homemade italian meals
    and alot of beers!
  • raechellg
    raechellg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    no longer working a high energy job and stress eating too much junk food.. and going out to eat..
  • mochomito
    mochomito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to chocolate - and I don't really like food besides the junk food - so poor diet really and not excercising. (sp?)
  • armyangel88
    Options
    Like most people mentioned, having kids. I'm 23 and I used to be around 145-150 before I gained weight due to my pregnancy. My son was born in 2008, and I haven't been able to shed the pounds off. But it also has to do with the fact my body is in survival mode (just learned that today) because I get too few calories.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just posted the "I'm New" thread, but I strongly believe being on Paxil for 6 months caused me to gain 15 pounds. As a 35 year old woman, I have been the EXACT same weight since I was 18. All of a sudden I gained after I started that drug. I just got off Paxil, and coincidentally quit smoking as well. Having a hard time getting back down to my normal, comfortable weight...
  • ddiaz13
    ddiaz13 Posts: 2
    Options
    Alcohol and a lot of it
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Starting dating my boyfriend, went back to school, starting eating too much fast food, drank too much, stopped working out.

I only gained about 20 pounds in a year, I hit 150 and said enough is enough!
  • NikkiPsuedoDupuis
    NikkiPsuedoDupuis Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    PTSD and anti depressants, one which is under control and one of which is gone :)