How did every 1 gain weight

Options

Replies

• ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I was always a chubby kid and I lived in a house where my parents weren't very health conscious so neither was I. Once I got to college I realized how much I hated the way I looked, and now that I'm living on my own I get to control what goes into my body.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Cheetos. Fritos dip and cheese. Kit kat. Reeses. Mcdonalds. Taco bell. Panda express. Pizza. Cake. Cookies. Brownies. Ice cream. Coke.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Ate too much and moved to little.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I listened to my body and ate when I was hungry. And avoided physical exertion at all costs.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I started earning money. As a result of no longer being so poor I could not eat, I ate. And I ate way too much.
  • jojaden
    jojaden Posts: 3
    Options
    Good job.. Keep up the good work..
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    eating too much
    moving too little
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    How I gained the weight:

I WAS working out daily plus playing college Basketball-ate what I wanted and never gained a pound. Stopped playing ball and gained a BUNCH in 1 year. Then went on to have 2 little ones back to back, with bed rest with both of them and never lost that weight and gained even more. Then I started losing the weight last year and then I got in a car accident- (someone ran a red light and hit me on the drivers side) and I ended up in Physical Therapy for months. GAINED EVEN MORE WEIGHT and then FINALLY after looking at pics from my New Years Vacation this past New Years it finally clicked: I had gained a TON and didn't even realize it until then... Joined MFP on January 7th and haven't stopped since!!! :smile:
  • jorowling
    jorowling Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yo-yo dieting.....eating whatever I wanted.....having children (must lose this baby weight....my youngest is 6! lol).....being very very lazy....eating.....eating....eating....get the picture?
  • kaymcee27
    Options
    I had a baby and afterwards I think I went into a depression and just ate to feel better. I mean I love food anyways but even more when I'm bored and sad.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Only eat 1 meal a day x 10 yrs plus
    Survive on Diet Coke
    No exercise
    No water
    Too many carbs , very little protein
    Menopause
    Turned 50
  • wmjanes
    wmjanes Posts: 8
    Options
    first I lost a bunch of weight like 1 1/2 yrs ago because i went through a divorce then I started to force myself to eat and lost control. going through a divorce sucks i was sick to my stomach at first then my family saw that i wasnt eating hardly they forced me to eat and lost it. now im trying to get back in shape for my son cause my health is importasnt so i can see him grow up.
  • Minu135
    Minu135 Posts: 48
    Options
    I can blame my two pregnancies / love of carbs / and dislike of exercsie ... but in reality I've been an emotional eater for most of my life.
  • tporter1685
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds and have gained 20 back since I moved to Georgia, mostly stress and lack of motivation to exercise.
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i had kids :)
  • Evelyn_22
    Evelyn_22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was my fattest at 15, my parents took us to burger king a lot. Also bought us a lot of candy. food= silence =happy parents. also = fat kids.
  • lillithlix
    Options
    Lack of physical exercise due to a combination of a physical disability and being lazy. Then of course put on top of that eating way to much of the wrong type of stuff and there you have it. 2 pregnancies in 2 years also contributed a bit.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I moved into my own apartment and drank wayy to much Dr. Pepper among other things.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    had 2 kids and just got lazy :/
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    Emotional eating, portion control issues, job change (more sitting on my butt in front of a computer), too much World of Warcrack (even more sitting on my butt in front of the computer) and not enough outdoor activity. Soooo.... I changed my job path, quit Warcrack, and starting logging all my food - keeping me accountable and helping control portions. It worked! Reached my GW just over a month ago. :)