How did every 1 gain weight

Options

Replies

• zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Working hard to eat more (I was underweight) plus lack of exercise caused me to overshoot.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Never paying attention to what I put in my mouth. Decimating entire 8-serving boxes of things.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I ate as much as I wanted and exercised as much as I wanted.
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    mainly from having my last 2 children in just under 2 years apart.,my youngest is 4 this year!
    living next to complete neighbours from hell,so became almost a recluse(was too scared & depressed to go out)
    moving from a village into a town & being spoilt for choice on takeaways :tongue:
    & not exercising enough :embarassed:
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Someone probably has already beaten me too it but:...
    too many calories in vs out...

I am an avid exerciser... but even we can overeat on a weekend when we rest and slip in to an extra couple of days bad habits or undereat, get injured and overeat during rest....
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Since age 25 i think i was starting to gain a little weight naturally anyway, but between age 26 - 28 i drank a LOT of hot chocolates every day while running a bar, with whipped cream, marshmallows, the works, sometimes up to 5 a day!!! Eek. Add that to drinking more alcohol and voila... i'm pretty sure I can pinpoint my weight gain to that 2 year period.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Binge eating and depression...
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Pretty much when my husband came back from his deployment, I started eating junk food again. Lots of icecream and candy bars. When I hit my highest weight and then some, it finally hit me that I need to make a change. At the time I was doing zumba and then running 3x a week, but I was consuming way too many calories in junk food.
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    6 children in 10 years. I KNOW I should have lost weight between babies, but I was feeding them and worried about my milk supply drying up.
  • karliekins
    karliekins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was injured and unable to exercise for a year during which I gained 20 pounds.
  • reg_frankiefan
    Options
    Falling in love and getting too comfortable!
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    babies
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Pork and beans
  • kayjay77
    kayjay77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen this one yet: I quit smoking. At least now I can taste my food! Also, I started dating a skinny guy who loves food and loves to cook.
  • Dawn200321
    Dawn200321 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    After high school (12 years ago) I started eating what I wanted and whenever I wanted. Mix that in with no exercise and thats where these extra 120 pounds came from. I guess I should just be glad it wasnt more than that
  • MediocreFred
    Options
    taking winters off :(
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I done got knocked up.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've always been overweight, but in the last 2 years got really lazy and started piling weight BACK on. Looking at my family (and the fact that I was overweight at like 5), I'm certain I have some sort of genetic predisposition to obesity. So when I quit going to the gym-- at all, ever-- and started indulging in all of my favourite food groups [cheese, beer, pastry, and french fries] very regularly, the obvious thing happened. I have to work harder than a lot of people to stay healthy, but hey, that's who I am. I'm back at it and so far it's going well!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I was never really "big" but back in 2007 I was diagnosed with high blood pressure (runs in the family). So I started eating better and getting more exercise. Even did a half marathon in 2009. I have gotten my blood pressure under control so now I just need to maintain it. At my biggest I hit 199 and now I am down to 165-166. I think that is a good weight for someone 5'8.

No more high blood pressure for me!
    317792_2286677602703_1121801784_32721846_5562240_n.jpg
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy i was a gestational diabetic went back to work and the stress made me eat and drink. I piled on the pounds without noticing and i didn't have the time or energy to notice.