I'm STARVING!!! HELP!

Options
13»

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories back? That would help.
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I think you got some good ideas with the protein, water and fibre. Porridge\oats always keeps me going when I have it in the morning x
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein/fiber/water intake. You may be eating well, but sometimes, you just need to eat more. And do NOT be afraid to eat! You're working out more and if you don't eat enough, you're body will go into starvation and eventually hold on to the fat and you'll never lose any real weight. Just be careful with your portions. Eat the serving amount and that's it. If you only eat bites here and there, you're going to starve. Keeping your MFP journal will help you TREMENDOUSLY! It's definitely helped me keep track of what I'm eating and how much. Also, I'm a member of Weight Watchers and that's helped a great deal as well.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Greek yogurt is good. More fiber than others and fairly filling for me.
    I meant to say more PROTEIN
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Eat back your exercise calories.

Yup, make sure you're doing this.

for sure do this!! I lose weight eating 2000 calories a day cause I work out like I'm getting paid for it.
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem of being ravenous after exercise. I end up making myself a HUGE salad (we're talking mixing bowl sized) with the base being spinach. That half a bag of raw spinach is only 60 calories. Then I add as many fresh raw veggies as I want: squash, alfalfa sprouts, carrot shreds, broccoli, tomatoes, water chestnuts, celery, etc. For protein I either add a pouch of low salt tuna or a small can of chicken, both of which are not very hefty on the calories. I add a couple of tablespoons of my favorite low cal dressing, and my entire meal is about 400 calories. However, your eyes see a large bowl and think you're getting away with an all-you-can-eat meal. It really helps to curb the stomach growls, plus it takes a while to chew it all, giving your system a chance to tell you it's full before wolfing down too much. It works for me; I hope it will work for you. I find that if I slow down when I eat, then I'm not as hungry as I thought I was.
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice up there, Toby. Water, protein. If I am hungry after I do some exercise, I will grab a slice of wheat bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter. The healthy oil plus the protein in the PB plus the fiber in the bread fills you up and will hold you for a while. Also, the slower you eat, the more chance you give your body to alert you that it is full.
  • tdlent
    tdlent Posts: 7
    Options
    Just wanna say thanks to all of you for your help....started making the changes today and I can already tell a difference! Gonna do some searching to find the best ways to get more protein without too much fat. Thanks again!!!
  • Selma10001984
    Selma10001984 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    BTW...I know this post is several days old now, but have you checked your BMR ??
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Try GOLEAN Crunch for a snack. 1 cup = 200 calories and loads of protein (more than an egg) so you are full and it tastes like honey-cluster granola.