GROSS! GROSS! GROSS!

13»

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    ,,,I know some landscapers that play a game called, "close your eyes and eat what I shove in your mouth." Mostly a worm/grub diet for them.

Honey, if you know some landscapers with virtues like yours that swing to the sweet side I :heart: that game! :wink:

Now that's funny,,, Hehehe,,, :laugh:

Guys - I'm a hardcore motorcyclist. I ride in 20K miles a year in hillbilly southern Ohio with an open faced helmet. I eat so many bugs I log them in my food diary. I promise you, they don't hurt a thing.

Hillbilly Southern Ohio? Hey! I know where that is! LOL!

I just read something on CNN.com last week where a guy found the head of a dead snake in his broccoli at TGIF's - it was in New York near Albany. I gotta tell ya.... I'll take a bug over a reptile any day! But I STILL don't think I could finish the salad! LOL!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I guess the only bug that would have deterred me from finishing the salad would have been a roach...cicadas are not so bad. I know some landscapers that play a game called, "close your eyes and eat what I shove in your mouth." Mostly a worm/grub diet for them.

Honey, if you know some landscapers with virtues like yours that swing to the sweet side I :heart: that game! :wink:

BWAHAHAHAHA

omg i just now get your nickname- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    EEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    I find bugs all the time in my lettuce..organic from the grocery store...guess I'm just used to it. Mostly lady bugs and grasshoppers that are dead. I just toss em and keep going. :bigsmile:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Could have been worse...she could have only found HALF of the bug left! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:devil:

You mean like how I fished half a bug out of my nine month old daughter's mouth? I have no idea how she gets her hands on things when I'm actually watching her. I swear she's magical!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Andrew Zimmern (Food Network, Bizarre Foods) is watching!!! He's like Mikey... he'll eat anything!!
  • foxyketty1206
    foxyketty1206 Posts: 23 Member
    I was eating my freshly made salad -- halfway through a really big bug crawled out! He had antennas!! and legs and wings and he was in my salad...

For that? I deserve a whopper and fries for lunch. LOL all the preservatives and cooked and processed!!! no live bugs!

so grossed out!
    I AGREE, YOU SO DESERVE THAT WHOPPER! SUPER SIZE IT WHILE YOUR AT IT! THAT'S JUST DISGUSTING :tongue:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    I found a meal worm in a can of corn when I was a kid ...... I didn't eat corn for 20 years :noway:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    This is the reason I always wash off my greens before eating them! I buy the fresh romaine lettuce leaves and I break them off and wash them. There are always all these little gnat types in there. I don't want to wonder if I got one in my salad, so just wash 'em off!
This discussion has been closed.