42 best ways to lose stomach fat

Options
I stumbled upon this article and would definitely want to share it with you all. Happy reading. its a bit long :smile:
http://allwomenstalk.com/12-best-ways-to-lose-stomach-fat/

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Why are there 42? Shouldn't there be one?

"Maintain a healthy caloric deficit"

There are a few good ones in there, but the pics are by far the best part.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    There are a few good ones in there, but the pics are by far the best part.

the gal 24 wins for me .. ill listen to her advice all day!

and yea... summed up.. eat a deficit diet
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would say a good 80% are not needed and sound like bro-science.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    bump
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    42 ways to lose stomach fat.

1-42. Maintain a caloric deficit and lose all over fat.

Spot reducing is a myth, there is no magic trick to specifically lose belly fat. Where you lose fat from is determined by genetics.
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If spot reducing is a myth, why do we do crunches? Isn't it to.. tighten and reduce the area in question WHILE maintaining a healthy deficit? Just wondering...
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If spot reducing is a myth, why do we do crunches? Isn't it to.. tighten and reduce the area in question WHILE maintaining a healthy deficit? Just wondering...

Tighten? Maybe (I question the effectiveness of the exercise, but I'll save that for another post). Reduce? No.
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    bump
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

No idea why you do crunches, I don't do them. For the most part, the crunch is a useless exercise.

And no, exercising a body part has nothing to do with reducing fat for that body part, it's about increasing the strength of that body part.
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Queen2day
    Queen2day Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Lesah0808
    Lesah0808 Posts: 91
    Options
    Thanks!!! This was some Great Info!!! I REALLY Needed it!!!!!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Crunches don't reduce anything. They'll build up the muscles there but what you'd then have is fat over the muscle. Only by eating so that you're reducing fat everywhere will you lose it on your belly. For some people that takes longer than others depending on where your body stores fat.
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Loved how #12 is Don’t try to isolate
    Quote:
    "It’s a scientific and biological fact: you absolutely cannot isolate one set of muscles and lose fat just in that one spot, and that includes belly fat. If there’s a product or pill that promises otherwise, it’s a scam, straight up. To lose stomach fat, you need to change your diet and exercise habits, all over. It’s that simple. Truly!"

So really what they're saying in the whole article is if you lose weight, it will come off your belly, too!
  • lgladybug
    lgladybug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

working any muscle naturally grows that muscle .. sooo doing crunches will give you a bigger belly if you are not combining it with the previously mentioned caloric deficit.
  • bigsexay157
    Options
    thanks for sharing this!