42 best ways to lose stomach fat

Options

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Nice article, a bit long, and I'm not a fan of the super photoshopped pictures. THey should have gotten real ones.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Ya think the guys would be less anti-42 Best Ways to Lose Stomach Fat if they saw the pictures that went with each of the 42 tips. :wink:
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love how every single one of these "tips" also features a gigantic picture of flat abs.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If spot reducing is a myth, why do we do crunches? Isn't it to.. tighten and reduce the area in question WHILE maintaining a healthy deficit? Just wondering...

No idea why you do crunches, I don't do them. For the most part, the crunch is a useless exercise.

And no, exercising a body part has nothing to do with reducing fat for that body part, it's about increasing the strength of that body part.

I definately know that you cannot spot reduce. but I have an honest question .....why is a crunch useless? Woudn't it help in strengthening your abs/core? Especially if you are not only doing crunches but doing a bunch of other core/ab exercises?

BTW, I do not do a huge amount of 'ab' exercise as I try to ensure I use my core as much as possible when strength training by, for example, doing weights on a bosu etc. I am just asking so that I understand why throwing in the odd set of crunches may not be an effective use of my time.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Why are there 42? Shouldn't there be one?

"Maintain a healthy caloric deficit"

There are a few good ones in there, but the pics are by far the best part.
    X 2!!
  • Ripken818836701
    Options
    42 ways to lose stomach fat.

1-42. Maintain a caloric deficit and lose all over fat.

Spot reducing is a myth, there is no magic trick to specifically lose belly fat. Where you lose fat from is determined by genetics.
    X 3!!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    A lot of good reminders...many of the things listed we already know, but it's great to be reminded.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    If spot reducing is a myth, why do we do crunches? Isn't it to.. tighten and reduce the area in question WHILE maintaining a healthy deficit? Just wondering...

#12 on the list... :tongue:
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Interesting tips, and I agree, the pics were amazing! I would love to be as fit as some of the models demonstrated here! Nothing but respect for the hard work and dedication they have put in to maintaining that level of fitness!
  • Ripken818836701
    Options

No idea why you do crunches, I don't do them. For the most part, the crunch is a useless exercise.

And no, exercising a body part has nothing to do with reducing fat for that body part, it's about increasing the strength of that body part.

I definately know that you cannot spot reduce. but I have an honest question .....why is a crunch useless? Woudn't it help in strengthening your abs/core? Especially if you are not only doing crunches but doing a bunch of other core/ab exercises?

BTW, I do not do a huge amount of 'ab' exercise as I try to ensure I use my core as much as possible when strength training by, for example, doing weights on a bosu etc. I am just asking so that I understand why throwing in the odd set of crunches may not be an effective use of my time.
    Crunches without using weight is a waste of time. Hold a 10-25 lb plate behind your head while doing your crunches on your excerise ball and once you can do 10 reps in a set increase the weight. Many people dont do crunches because they strengthen their core by doing sqauts, deadlifts and pull ups etc.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

It's unnecessary. EVERY compound exercise utilizes your core muscles for stability, balance, power, and strength. I do heavy strength training, and doing barbell squats and deadlifts do a lot more for your core strength than crunches ever will.

It's just my personal opinion, but I'm after functional strength and fitness, so I feel the same way about any isolation exercises. As far as I'm concerned, crunches, biceps curls, triceps kickbacks, and calf raises are all useless exercises, as doing squats, deadlifts, bench presses, rows, and overhead presses will give all those muscle groups all the work they would need.

Now, a professional body builder may need to incorporate some of those moves while prepping for a competition, due to needing specific muscle sizes and symmetry, but for the average person, they are unnecessary, and time could be better spent on other exercises.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

They aren't useless, they are simply FAR from being the most efficient way to train your core. Are they better than sitting on the couch? Yes. Are they better than squats and deadlifts? No.
  • amerrill1
    amerrill1 Posts: 38
    Options
    bump
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I don't do crunches, either. There are better ways to get a strong core.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    doing weights on a bosu
    really? no. don't do weights on a bosu.
    don't be this guy.
    Squat_Death.jpg
    they don't show you the next step, where he falls off and breaks his ankle.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Why are there 42? Shouldn't there be one?

"Maintain a healthy caloric deficit"
    42 ways to lose stomach fat.

1-42. Maintain a caloric deficit and lose all over fat.

Spot reducing is a myth, there is no magic trick to specifically lose belly fat. Where you lose fat from is determined by genetics.

:heart:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you can't tell just by the article title alone, that this is rubbish, then consider yourself a pre-beginner in your "weight loss journey".

If you dismiss these articles, or just read them for lulz or morbid curiosity, then you may upgrade yourself to "beginner" and start getting some work done.
  • qingwang2011
    qingwang2011 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA I think I preferred those 41 extra awesome sexy pictures over just 1... besides, if you say something over and over again for enough times, it will stick in your head better. Just saying ... You are all welcome.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    #43 sandpaper
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If you can't tell just by the article title alone, that this is rubbish, then consider yourself a pre-beginner in your "weight loss journey".

If you dismiss these articles, or just read them for lulz or morbid curiosity, then you may upgrade yourself to "beginner" and start getting some work done.

APPROVED!