95 calorie "Reese's" PB Cup Egg!

Options
krissypea79
krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
So if you guys are anything like me, you can't resist Reese's PB cups...and for some reason, I always seem to want them the most around Easter time, when they have their egg shapes out. Maybe it's because it was always one of my favorite easter basket treats as a kid. Anyways, I've really been craving one, but don't really want to sacrifice almost 200 calories...so I came up with this!

2tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter (45 calories)
1/2tbsp Nutella

You could use natural peanut butter, it will just change the calories a bit. Also, I like that I could control the consistency by adding less water - made it easy to form it into an egg shape! I softened the Nutella a bit in the microwave, then spread over the "egg." I think next time I will try melting it down a bit more so I can pour it over the egg. I think that will make it more smooth looking, like a real Reese's egg. I placed it on a piece of wax paper, and put it in the fridge to firm up for a couple hours.

Nutrition Facts:
95 calories
5g fat
12g carbs
6g protein

Compare to Reese's PB egg:
Calories: 170, Fat: 10g, Carbs: 18g, Protein: 4g

417573_3641903565725_1218418471_33676801_522205251_n.jpg

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Looks so good!!
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious! Might have to try that! :) Thanks for sharing!
  • krissypea79
    Options
    I just took it out of the fridge, and omgosh it is sinfully good. Honestly, it tasted almost identical to the real thing - texture-wise and everything! The only difference really is that Nutella has the hazelnut taste, but WOW. I am going to make more immediately!!! :love:
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    :noway: mmmm.......drools
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Any way to substitute the Nutella? I know my friend would love this, but she's highly allergic to hazelnuts, therefore Nutella is out of the question.
  • krissypea79
    Options
    Any way to substitute the Nutella? I know my friend would love this, but she's highly allergic to hazelnuts, therefore Nutella is out of the question.

It's only 1/2tbsp, so I really don't see why they couldn't melt down a few chocolate chip morsels, or some chocolate syrup...maybe a little chocolate fudge! I think it's such a small amount, that it wouldn't change the calories much, if at all!!

Edit: I just checked my pantry - 1/2tbsp of mini morsels (they'd melt down quicker) would only be 35 calories and 4.5g of carbs - actually less than Nutella on both accounts :smile:
  • jenirobinson
    Options
    Yummy!! Where can you get powered peanut butter??
  • dana789
    dana789 Posts: 14
    Options
    bump : )
  • jenirobinson
    Options

Sorry....Powdered...
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    bump!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options

It's only 1/2tbsp, so I really don't see why they couldn't melt down a few chocolate chip morsels, or some chocolate syrup...maybe a little chocolate fudge! I think it's such a small amount, that it wouldn't change the calories much, if at all!!

Edit: I just checked my pantry - 1/2tbsp of mini morsels (they'd melt down quicker) would only be 35 calories and 4.5g of carbs - actually less than Nutella on both accounts :smile:

not a nutella fan.. may have to try this version! sounds yummy.. i love those reese's eggs!
  • IrishMinx32
    IrishMinx32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Sorry....Powdered...

Exactly..... Never heard of it before. recipe looks AMAZING!!!!!! Let us know Pronto!!! LOL
  • krissypea79
    Options

I order it on amazon.com - I go through a lot of it, so I order the 16oz bag, it's about $12 or so. Worth EVERY penny considering it's 1/4 the calories of regular or natural PB!

http://www.amazon.com/Powdered-Peanut-Butter-Less-Calories/dp/B004P4POZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332187999&sr=8-1

These really are too good to be true, lol. I am going to make a batch of them, and try it with melting down chocolate morsels...maybe it will look more like a Reese's egg. I hope you all enjoy them!! :happy:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    If you have a World Market, they may have this dark chocolate spread (that I like better than nutella) that is typically sold in the Netherlands (Holland). That I'm sure one could use instead of nutella.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cpbarrett
    cpbarrett Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    My friend makes reeses "treats" with 1 tsp P.butter, then mix with 2 melted hersheys kisses, and spread on a graham cracker. I have no idea how many cals etc...I haven't tried it but now I have 2 ways to do it!!...LOL. Love Reeses PB cups! Thanks:smile:
  • jenirobinson
    Options

I order it on amazon.com - I go through a lot of it, so I order the 16oz bag, it's about $12 or so. Worth EVERY penny considering it's 1/4 the calories of regular or natural PB!

http://www.amazon.com/Powdered-Peanut-Butter-Less-Calories/dp/B004P4POZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332187999&sr=8-1

These really are too good to be true, lol. I am going to make a batch of them, and try it with melting down chocolate morsels...maybe it will look more like a Reese's egg. I hope you all enjoy them!! :happy:

Thanks...looking it up now!!
  • soagirl777
    soagirl777 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, sounds yummy! I must say Reese cups are my favorite, especially the miniatures one you have to unwrap.
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I found it on a different site, and it seems to be a bit less expensive than Amazon...I think! I'm def going to buy some! Thanks for the awesome recipe idea! I just had the 170 calorie version yesterday!

http://store.bellplantation.com/4-Pack-PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-p/pb2-04.htm