chocolate cake

Options
mommi_of_3
mommi_of_3 Posts: 10
dose any one one healthy cake recipes that i can have plz comment to let me know thanx:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• mommi_of_3
    Options
    dose any one one healthy cake recipes that i can have plz comment to let me know thanx:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • andreajean
    andreajean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hungry=girl.com has one: http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1660

I haven't tried it yet, but if you try it and its good please let me know!
  • mislowe
    mislowe Posts: 5
    Options
    The hungry girl chocolate cake is soooo good. You just buy any chocolate cake mix, but do not add any of the other ingredients it tell you to, just add one can of pumpkin and bake.
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    The hungry girl chocolate cake is soooo good. You just buy any chocolate cake mix, but do not add any of the other ingredients it tell you to, just add one can of pumpkin and bake.

What size can? What are the calories per serving? I can't wait to try this!!!
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    another good one is devils food cake mix and diet cream soda. Just mix and bake per instructions on box (just these two ingredients, nothing else). It makes great cupcakes and even better w/ light whipped cream!
  • JenniferAnne73
    Options
    What size cream soda...one 12 oz. can??? What a simple recipe. I really hope I like it because I am a serious chocoholic.

209975.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good recipe for 85% cocoa chocolate bar? I heard that the healthiest chocolate is the one with the highest percentage of cocoa. I finally found some and went a little...crazy. I bought 3 big bars and they don't taste at all like what I expected. I think it would be good to bake with but I'm not much of a baker. Any suggestions?
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    What size cream soda...one 12 oz. can??? What a simple recipe. I really hope I like it because I am a serious chocoholic.

I do this with Diet Coke.

Use any regular size box cake mix, mix in a 12 oz. can of diet coke. Bake according to the instructions on the box. Top with FF cool whip.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options

209975.png
    Just a regular 12 oz can. I got the recipe from a Weight Watcher leader. Here's another, not chocolate, but good. A reg sized can of pineapple tidbits (w/ juice) and angel food cake mix. And again I add lite whipped cream.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    interesting, will have to try some of these!
  • mommi_of_3
    Options
    that looks great i will try it tahnx

208516.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • lindseyanne3
    Options
    The angel food cake and tidbits is very good.. I have had it many times. I will have to try the soda and cake.. hmm
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    For a quick chocolate cake fix you can try the vitamuffins or vitatops in the chocolate flavors :love:
    Only 100 calories and lots of fiber!

My favorite is the double chocolate vitatops, I eat them straight from the freezer, they taste like brownies! You can buy them online, but my local grocery store sells them, they are kept right in the frozen breakfast section.

http://www.vitalicious.com/allnachvi1.html
  • PHOENIX816
    PHOENIX816 Posts: 2
    Options
    Pillsbury has a couple of reduced sugar cakes.

Add any kind of diet soda and two egg whites. The egg whites make it more cake like and not as dense. We have made so many varietys.

White cake w/diet orange
    yellow cake w/diet 7up
    spice cake w/ diet ginger ale
    chocolate w/diet root beer

endless possibilites

chocolate cake, 2 egg whites, and can of lite cherry pie filling mix and bake

Good frosting is to take a tub of ff or sf coolwhip and fold in a package of ff/sf pudding and frost cake.
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Does anyone have a good recipe for 85% cocoa chocolate bar? I heard that the healthiest chocolate is the one with the highest percentage of cocoa. I finally found some and went a little...crazy. I bought 3 big bars and they don't taste at all like what I expected. I think it would be good to bake with but I'm not much of a baker. Any suggestions?

oh i would take them off your hands except i wouldn't be able to stop at one or two bites. :laugh: i LOVE:love: dark chocolate! as dark as i can get it! ok, i need to go drink some water now, lol

and that pumpkin chocolate cake recipe sound delish! may have to try that!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options

Use any regular size box cake mix, mix in a 12 oz. can of diet coke. Bake according to the instructions on the box. Top with FF cool whip.

Did I do something wrong? Tried this today and YUCK :angry: It was all soupy on the bottom and tasted like chunky diet coke. I mixed a can of diet coke with chocolate cake mix and baked according to directions... it was gross. Any ideas?:ohwell:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options

209975.png
    Just a regular 12 oz can. I got the recipe from a Weight Watcher leader. Here's another, not chocolate, but good. A reg sized can of pineapple tidbits (w/ juice) and angel food cake mix. And again I add lite whipped cream.

I made the pineapple w/ a yellow box cake this weekend for our Memorial Day BBQ---it was a HIT! I was very impressed with how yummy it was!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Great I'm glad you/your friends liked it. Isn't it so easy!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Did I do something wrong? Tried this today and YUCK :angry: It was all soupy on the bottom and tasted like chunky diet coke. I mixed a can of diet coke with chocolate cake mix and baked according to directions... it was gross. Any ideas?:ohwell:

I don't know, but it never turns out for me either. It usually ends up really flat and sticky for me.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options

I don't know, but it never turns out for me either. It usually ends up really flat and sticky for me.

I usually make cupcakes out of it.