chocolate cake

Options
2»

Replies

• Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    another good one is devils food cake mix and diet cream soda. Just mix and bake per instructions on box (just these two ingredients, nothing else). It makes great cupcakes and even better w/ light whipped cream!

I've actually done this recipe with Diet Dr. Pepper and made cupcakes. They're only 1 point a cupcake with weight watchers and they're delish! I didn't frost them, though. Didn't need it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    What size cream soda...one 12 oz. can??? What a simple recipe. I really hope I like it because I am a serious chocoholic.

I do this with Diet Coke.

Use any regular size box cake mix, mix in a 12 oz. can of diet coke. Bake according to the instructions on the box. Top with FF cool whip.

Did I do something wrong? Tried this today and YUCK :angry: It was all soupy on the bottom and tasted like chunky diet coke. I mixed a can of diet coke with chocolate cake mix and baked according to directions... it was gross. Any ideas?:ohwell:

I don't know, but it never turns out for me either. It usually ends up really flat and sticky for me.

adding two egg whites really helps this recipe out. Then beat the batter for 2 minutes like usual to fluff up the egg whites. works better than just soda alone-and only adds 34 calories to the entire cake.
  • JenniferAnne73
    Options
    I haven't checked back into this topic for a couple of days. I can't wait to go to the store and get the things I need to try these. Thanks so much for the info.!!!!

209975.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked back into this topic for a couple of days. I can't wait to go to the store and get the things I need to try these. Thanks so much for the info.!!!!

209975.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

thanks for the egg white tip. I might have to give it a try tomorrow.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You can do the diet soda with any kind of cake mix. I personally love chocolate with diet dr.pepper or French vanilla with diet sprite.
    I have never had any issues with it being soupy or anything but I do tend to cook it longer than the time alloted on the box. For those that have that issue try cooking it longer and use the toothpick test to decide when its ready.
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Ok, the recipe that uses a can of pumpkin...that means plain pumpkin, right? not the one with the spices and all...? Also, is that in the food database?? I want to make this tonight..!!!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Will this recipe do? Found it in the internet and I must say its quite good.

DEVIL'S FOOD CHOCOLATE CAKE FAT FREE – SUGAR FREE

Prep time: 15 minutes
    Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
    Makes: 8 servings

Ingredients
    CAKE:
    1½ cup oatmeal
    ½ cup Cocoa
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 ½ tsp baking powder
    8 egg white
    1 ½ cup brown or white sugar twin
    1 ½ cup fat free plain or vanilla yogurt
    1 Tsp vanilla extract (optional if use vanilla yogurt)

PREPARATION-cake:
    Preheat oven to 350 F
    Using a food processor blend oatmeal like flour consistency.
    In large bowl mix oatmeal, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder.
    In another bowl mix the egg whites, sugar twin, yogurt and vanilla, blend until smooth.
    Blend dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
    Spray a 8-inch round baking pan.
    Pour into baking pan.
    Cook for about 25-30 minutes.

Ingredients -ICING
    1/4 cup water (I added DaVinci SF PB syrup instead of water)
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
    ½ cup sugar twin
    1 tsp vanilla

PREPARATION-icing:
    Mix all ingredients, let stand in fridg. for a couple hours so it thicken, then spread on cold cake...enjoy!

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
    Calories per serving (1/8)= 108 (Dang....eat the whole cake if ya want! :laugh)
    Fat: 1.6 g
    Carbohydrate: 16 g
    Protein: 9 g
    Sodium: 277 mg
  • peaches105
    peaches105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello, have anyone seen the show cookyour self thin on lifetime they have a good chocolate cake recipes. :happy:
    130819.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy [url=http://www.myfitnesspal
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    i made the one with pumpkin, and WOW it was so moist and delicious!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Pillsbury has a couple of reduced sugar cakes.

Add any kind of diet soda and two egg whites. The egg whites make it more cake like and not as dense. We have made so many varietys.

White cake w/diet orange
    yellow cake w/diet 7up
    spice cake w/ diet ginger ale
    chocolate w/diet root beer

endless possibilites

chocolate cake, 2 egg whites, and can of lite cherry pie filling mix and bake

Good frosting is to take a tub of ff or sf coolwhip and fold in a package of ff/sf pudding and frost cake.

do you make the pudding for the frosting first, or just fold in the dry pudding mix to the cool whip! i am so excited about this recipe!
  • JenniferAnne73
    Options
    Okay, I did it!!

I went out and bought Waist Watchers Orange Soda and a box of Pillsbury White Cake Mix. I did NOT use egg whites. I mixed the cake mix and the soda together for a minute or so with a wisk, put it into a 9x13 pan (sprayed with pam), baked it at 350 for 30 minutes and it came out absolutely perfecto!
    I have to say I was scared after some of the other comments but I wanted to try it without the egg whites first. After all, it cost me less than $2 for the whole thing and I only used 12 oz. of the soda so...it was cheap.

The only thing I did do is mix one cup of powdered sugar with some soda and frosted the cake with it. I have to say it didn't need it but the kids thought it was "da bomb". It ends up about 210 calories for 1/12 of the cake and for a 9x13 pan that's a decent size piece of cake. It's not as tall as a cake made with eggs but it was thicker than a normal homeade brownie mix baked in a 9x13 pan.

Awesome!! Thanks for the recipe!

209975.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    yeah the eggs just help it rise a little more. and since they add only 34 calories to the entire cake, I add them:wink: