Trouble losing weight after gallbladder removal?

Options
13»

Replies

• gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone there is such a pattern it is so depressing and I don't think there is anything that can be done, I think the surgery messes up your body function and for what ever reason everything you eat is getting stored as fat, that is the only thing that makes any sense.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Mine was taken out last year and no problems.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by trying to hard...You notice weight gain for no reason so then you must try to see why, when there isn't any reason for it it is very depressing....1200 calories per day and exercising can you only imagine what it would be if one were to eat more and not exercise?
  • Woodster83
    Woodster83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had mine out 5 yrs ago, and in the last two months I've started taking the digestive enzymes with ox bile at most meals, I feel that's its helped me, I still have issues with IBS type symptoms with my stools, but otherwise I feel better.

I've also been taking a lot of vitamin tablets.. Omega 3, b12, garlic, d3, probiotics, echinacea, iron, magnesium, sea kelp, glucosamine. Now, I have no idea if they are helping, but since eating better, taking the digestive enzymes and ox bile, plus the vitamins I feel great and have lost 1 stone in 2 months, slower than expected but I also eat well too.

My sister had hers out and she's had no digestion issues, she eats clean and does a lot of exercise this last year and has lost a ton of weight..
  • s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i had mine removed 6 yrs ago, i didnt have a problem with weight gain , i needed to gain it id lost 4 stone in 2 months because i could not eat because of it :/

2 year ago i had tried slimming world ,weight watchers and a couple of other well known diets which worked for my sisters who have always been over weight but didnt work on me. Diet chef did work ,basically low fat sodium and sugar plus portion sizes and calorie counting on here.. even though ive found out last week ive been fighting against the odds with an underactive thyroid it still worked.

Good luck
  • 59chris59
    59chris59 Posts: 2
    Options
    My daughter has gain, in one month, 14lb after she had her gallbladder removed. Although was over weight before her operation, she was able to loose weight slowly when was on a diet.

5 weeks after the operation. she has been on a diet and exercising daily by walking 4-6 mikes, but the weight it not coming off. It is depressing her and is thinking she will just carry on gaining weight.

She has had an under active thyroid since 8yrs old and is 24 years old. I just can't think how to help her!!!

Any advice??
  • cyndikinnee
    Options
    I had always done weight watchers until I had my gall bladder out. Then I discovered Low Carb (it was the late 90s) and it was delicious, satisfying and worked so well. How wonderful that all the fat didn't make me sick anymore! I'd say it became easier for me to lose. Have you tried low carb?
  • 59chris59
    59chris59 Posts: 2
    Options
    My daughter has been doing high protein and no carbs for four weeks and lost one pound. Maybe she should try the fasting diet.
  • Fat2FiT74
    Fat2FiT74 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in the Army, work out 5days a week and I still gained weight after my surgery...nothing had changed in my life outside of the surgery. I was still eating good, exercising etc. After I failed a tape test (basically the Army said my belly was, too fat...urrgghh) I started looking for anything and everything to change in my life so I could start losing again. I saw the Army dietician here on post, as well as our unit Physician Assistant and nothing I implemented, diet or exercise worked. I struggled at this for about 6 months after failing my tape test.

I tried a couple of fat burners with no luck and spent like $40 to $50 for a month supply for each of them. Plus they gave me an upset stomach which wasn't cool.

A buddy of mine referred me to http://bit.ly/1uNgb1Z After I looked into the company more and realized the products are all natural, non-gmo, chemical free etc. I decided to give it a try. I bought the FightFighter for $39 for a month supply. I take it daily after dinner, and a month and a half later I've lost an average of 2lbs per week. Now granted I'm still working out and eating healthy but I'm back to my normal diet/exercise pre surgery. This is the only thing I've found to help me. I have since signed up for the company's loyal customer program that they have so I can get the same bottle for only $23.00. For me, to keep my job in the Army, and to end my weight loss frustration it's worth that small $23/mo price lol!! I'd be interested to know if anyone else is having luck on this stuff. Oh and it hasn't given me any negative side effects which is cool.