just bought some cottage cheese... now what do i do with it?

Options

Replies

• barbmorehead
    Options
    An old weight watchers trick was to mix it with sugar free jam, put on top of an english muffin half, broil until bubbly and call it a danish. Was pretty good sweet and gooey. I think it was about 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and 1 tablespoon of jam.
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    tried it in my pasta :) didn't do anything for the flavor but it made it creamy :)
  • sillylily1960
    sillylily1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    cut the top off a tomato and stuff the cottage cheese inside, add some carrots / celery sticks.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    I like it plain with black pepper. It's great on Triscuits too!
  • rlodin
    rlodin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    mix with some tuna and chopped up chives! great lunchtime meal :D
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I Love it on Wheat Thins Fiber Select crackers! My favorite. But i love cottage cheese and can eat it plain too.
  • 4gr8kids
    4gr8kids Posts: 20
    Options
    4% fat cottage cheese with a little honey and cinnamon. Lots of cinnamon!! (1/2 c cottage cheese, 1 tsp honey, 1 T cinnamon) Tastes like dessert :)
  • Red_Becca
    Red_Becca Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lots of great recipes on here. Can't wait to give them all a try.

Here's how I eat mine:

1. Chive cottage cheese with a dollop of horseradish. Serve with low-fat Triscuits (just ate this for lunch today)
    2. Plain cottage cheese, packet of Splenda/sugar substitute, cinnamon, grapes and crushed walnuts. Sweet, yummy and if you enjoy different textures in your food, you'll probably like this...
    3. Add it to oatmeal with a mashed banana (I don't do this but a friend of mine does)
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Ate some tonight with a scoop of peanut butter.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    My guess would to be eat it. But I'm not sure. You know, there are all kinds of fad diets out there, you may find some other uses for it.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Just eat it plain.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, stevia, blueberries, raw almonds and lots of whole flaxseed.
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Only way I can eat it - 2% small curd with a diced peaches fruit cup (no sugar added) and Torani sugar free vanilla flavored syrup (to taste) Takes the cottage cheese taste out of it and tastes more like peach cobbler.
  • ChaosMoosie
    ChaosMoosie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Watch the salt in it - lots (LOTS) of salt....

That said, add any fruit with natural juice (pineapple, peaches, pears, etc.) and mix it well. Chop the fruit well, mix in a generous bit of juice, and add a tad bit of cinnamon.

Enjoy - lowcal - delightful - just watch the salt.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1/2cup for low fat cottage cheese + an orange = mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    so many good ideas ya
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    When I don't want to cook dinner... I take cottage cheese, mix with fresh fruit, (strawberries, blueberries, maybe a little banana or fresh orange) drizzle with a little honey and top with salted shelled sunflower seeds. Sounds a little odd... but so delish. I grew up eating this... dad was a hippy vegetarian for a while! ;) Or just eat it straight out of the container... or use rice crackers as a scoop... for some reason a salty cracker taste good with cottage cheese.
  • Ady0092
    Ady0092 Posts: 86
    Options
    pineapple
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    If you want "savory", add a little pepper (if you want more salt, add salt substitute. It's already *loaded* with sodium - you don't want to add any more). If you're going for sweet, I add slivered almonds & either strawberries or blueberries.