any Hour Glass Pear Shape Ladies?

Options
13»

Replies

• shawmor
    shawmor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh My God I soooo hear you I'm 5'6 (5'5.5 really but always say 5'6 :) )jeans are an absolute nightmare. I lost 18 lb and the current jeans i have which were my "skinny" jeans are hanging of my *kitten* and look ridiculous and my baggy jeans make me look like i'm wearing clothes belonging to someone else... buy new jeans.. easier said than done. I live in Hong Kong so most of the stores do not cater for curves so i'm hanging on until I go home to Ireland for a wedding in June. There's my other motivation I need to find a drop dead gorgous dress for this wedding so that everyone notices the effort I have been going to since I left Ireland. figure hugging but with a emphasis on the wasit i have a smallish waist so if anyone can recommed styles websites etc thant would be great. Also does anyone know where to get shorts for the chunky thighs! at the moment i and wearing man shorts :) need some new one as the weather is going to be hotting up soon!

keep it up ladies and we will all be fabulous together :)

This is the exact same as my "skinny" jeans They are loose everywhere else bar the hips I know it looks stupid but if I go for the size that fits everywhere else i'm going to have the muffin top, hips over hanging and the top of my bum showing........not the kind of look i'm going for!!! :)
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It can be a really difficult shape to dress though, I think. It looks good in a figure hugging dress because of all the curves but trying to find a pair of jeans, what a nightmare!

Does anyone else fine this a problem? It seems that the zips on the jeans don't unzip low enough to create a big enough opening to fit my hips into so I have to get a bigger size which then hangs off my waist. I would so love to find a pair of jeans that fit me.

Not sure what size you wear, but if you're in 14+, Lane Bryant has a line of pants called Right Fit and they are amazing! I'm pear shaped and wear and 18 Blue (Blues are made wider in the hips and narrower at the waist). Just a suggestion, although like I said, I have no idea what size you wear!

love those jeans! i found mine at Catherine's the first time. THey had them sized differently. (typically I'm a 26WL .) in those jeans i was a 7 L red or blue depending on the jeans
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a pear (with a weee little top)...I carry allll my weight in my hips and thighs. Buying a bikini...foooget about it!! When you could finally buy seperate tops and bottoms for bikinis was one of the happiest days of my life LOL! I now have a tough time with strapless dresses...if they fit my hips my non exsistant boobs will be seen, if it fits my boobs its not making past my waist!!
  • katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm an hour glass, exactly the same on my boobs and hips with a smaller waist, I have to say, I love my shape, my boyfriend says its a perfect woman shape and it is was good enough for Marilyn Monroe then its good enough for me :O)

I just want to tone up and define my shape

Please feel free to add me - need all the support and motivated you have to offer
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty close to hourglass - 2" diff between hips & bust & waist is right between. When I was 40# heavier I was still hourglass, but just a wider one.

It all came off pretty evenly EXCEPT for the thighs. Still working on those. Combine my shape with excessively long arms and things just never fit quite right off the rack. Anything 'slim fit' means 'not for me' because my thighs just won't squeeze in.

As for diet - I didn't do anything special aside from make sure I didn't go over my calorie goal or way overdo the sodium.

Just know that carrying your weight in your bottom is LUCKY! Those who carry it in the middle are at much higher risk for heart disease and diabetes than those who carry it in the hips/bum.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Combine my shape with excessively long arms and things just never fit quite right off the rack. Anything 'slim fit' means 'not for me' because my thighs just won't squeeze in.

This is exactly me. I'm hourglass shaped with boobs and hips with a half inch of each other-right now my boobs are bigger, but as I lose weight that will reverse and then some and my waist exactly 10 inches smaller. I have not only long arms but also a disproportionately long torso, so my thick thighs are also short.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Fellow pear here too. It's hard to find the right fit in a lot of clothes. Right now I am just tracking calories and working out 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. I know I need to increase my workouts. I hate saddle bags ! My rear is large and I can't wait to get it down to what I think will be "normal." Baby got back !
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Combine my shape with excessively long arms and things just never fit quite right off the rack. Anything 'slim fit' means 'not for me' because my thighs just won't squeeze in.

This is exactly me. I'm hourglass shaped with boobs and hips with a half inch of each other-right now my boobs are bigger, but as I lose weight that will reverse and then some and my waist exactly 10 inches smaller. I have not only long arms but also a disproportionately long torso, so my thick thighs are also short.

Ohh genetics! Looking at the females in my family now, I can see exactly where my shape comes from. Mom & sister both have long arms, and my Aunt has the same thighs. It never really clicked while I was growing up because I always just wore oversized clothing anyhow!
  • keziah23
    keziah23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hourglass here
    currently 40-34-43
    I am short waisted and have short arms, between that and my cup size I find it near to impossible to find clothes that fit right. Low rise pants are best and I have to have all my blazers tailored.
    I lose off my waist LONG before I lose off my hips and thighs
    right now I'm trying to figure out how to slim my "meaty" calves (17inches!!!).
    I'm down 39lbs with another 33 to go.
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm pear-shaped also...I will lose everywhere else before my hips and my thighs but you know what? I've decided to embrace it...if it's good enough for Kim K. and Beyonce it can't be such a bad thing, right?
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    i am slightly pear shaped, but have a small butt and legs. its really weird.
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm pear-shaped also...I will lose everywhere else before my hips and my thighs but you know what? I've decided to embrace it...if it's good enough for Kim K. and Beyonce it can't be such a bad thing, right?

It also helps when you learn how to dress for your figure...
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear-shaped hour glass, too. Running, strength training, & toning are doing it for me. I also try and eat "clean" as much as possible. I find wearing trouser flattering, but I also like dresses to show off my curves.

Be happy with what you have because women like us are rare. :)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    im hourglassed shaoed which is different than pear shapes since pears are smaller up top.

since stomach area is the last place my body wants to gain weight, its the first place im losing and my hourglass is becoming more noticeable. when i was younger i hated it and the attention id get, so i wore lot of baggy clothes. now om old enougb to be ok witn the attention plus im a lot more assertive and feel reasonably secure on the knowledge that i can protect myself if done dude got overly handsy.,in fact one of the main things that caused me to gain weight was after som:grumble: e dude in paris carried me behind a bldg and, tried to attack me :mad: i ended up thinkinh noone wants to pick up a fat girl because its harder.

i dont have a problem with pants because im also short waisted so i don't buy pants to fit my waist, just my hips and thighs.
    tops and blazers are problems though.

workout wise i'm lifting heavy weights 3 times a week and doing about 4 hours of cardio a well, most of which is hiit

You really don't look 99 years old.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Pear and hourglass are two different shapes. I think I'm pear, but I don't really know. My boobs are pretty big but I think to be considered hourglass you have to have broad hips and shoulders.

I measured the other day and my waist is 16" smaller than my hips, lol :huh:

Yes. They are two different shapes. I'm confused about mine, since my shoulders and hips are the same width, but my bust is small so that the difference between my bust and waist is not enough to be an hourglass.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I'm an hour glass, exactly the same on my boobs and hips with a smaller waist, I have to say, I love my shape, my boyfriend says its a perfect woman shape and it is was good enough for Marilyn Monroe then its good enough for me :O)

I just want to tone up and define my shape

Please feel free to add me - need all the support and motivated you have to offer

They now say that Marilyn was actually a Pear.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Pear shaped here, but with a long waist and stumpy chubby legs!

I like that it's easier to make myself look smaller, by covering the legs and accentuating the arms (most people generally think I wear 10lbs less than I actually do!).

Now I'm at a lower weight, I've found that Topshop high waisted skinny jeans fit me pretty well. All about the high waist!