What size pant are you at 5'6 and 160lbs?

Options
123457»

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I was around an 8/10 when I was 160. I'm 149 now, and in a 6/8, depending on the jeans, but usually a 6.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Sizes vary - a bit between brands, but even more between regions - a UK 10 is not the same as a US 10. Not sure about the Canadian 10, and I have no idea about sizing schemes in other parts of the world. (I haven't read all the posts here, but enough to know that people aren't giving the relevant information). Even within one sizing scheme, one size, say a 12 may fit perfectly on top, but not the slacks. If your waist is small, your slacks or skirt size may vary depending on how much they flair out for hips. In the past, I've bought both a size 6 and a size 12 (US) skirts on the same day -- and they both fit!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6. When I was 160 I was an 11.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7"...i was a tight 8 at 160. more comfy in a 10 but i still wore 8s. i'm 155ish now and i'm a much more comfy 8. my goal is 135-140!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Im 5 7 and at 192 I am now fitting into size 12. When I was ( once upon a time 164 sigh) I wore a size 8
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    When I was 160, I wore a 10-12.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I was wearing an 8 at 160. Now I'm working my way back to that!
    I'm 5'6" btw.

Me too
    Me three....depending on the brand....sometimes a 10.
  • valerie10029
    valerie10029 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh 160 lbs and stand 5'6". My clothes are mostly sixes, some eights.
    The scale is my worst enemy.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

April 08, 2012 11:17 am
    When I started gaining weight years ago, it was about 10 years ago that I was 160 pounds, I wore a size 14/16 at 160 back then.
    I'm 5"6 and had a stick skinny/boyish shape (no/super small boobs, no/super small hips, nor no/super small butt) ...an apple:indifferent:

Today, i'm between 179.8-181 pounds and wear a size 14/16 now...go figure:indifferent:

So...clothes sizing has/have definitely changed. I see people wearing a size 6 now that were considered a size 10-12 back then, when I wore a size 6 when I was 118 pounds and stick skinny. Today that 118 would be a size zero or size 2

Wow :sick: :indifferent: :blushing: :sad: :brokenheart: :sick: :frown:
    Bumping for myself...for a self-imposed smack-down/kick in the rear and then a self-imposed hug and encouraging reality check and for a pleasant and helpful remembrance of my/the take no prisoner "tude" back then and doing what it took to get down to 179.8-181. I was hustling and had a take NO prisoner attitude about my weight-loss back in April of 2012--I LOVE what I was doing to lose weight...it was powerful to and for me--and have been playing the bum (living like it's no tomorrow in the eating, drinking and not exercising departments) for the past few months big time and been slacking off and thinking, living, eating and doing what-so-ever I jolly well felt like doing, thinking and eating and living and this extra 20 pounds I'm lugging around is not just proof in the pudding, but in the tasting as well. I stopped logging on and counting my cals and again...just living my life--not on the edge nor anything, again, just living to eat and be comfortable and do whatsoever I feel like...UGH--20+ pounds extra in a year and a half.

It's ALL good as they say because thought I don't like it--yet bumping this post is just what I want and especially NEED a loud and true "wake-up" call to/for me--that's just what this post is...it hurts :cry: and at the exact same time, it's inspirational to/for me as well:drinker: ! I'm looking forward to rebumping this thread six months or so from now with a victory post--hmmmph!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!