Am I losing too much weight?

13»

Replies

• Good for you, keeping to your recovery and not falling back to the mindset that started the trouble. :flowerforyou: I hope that the comments here are both helpful and motivating, and that you start to see the results you want.!

They have certainly been helpful and motivating!:) From all these answers, I've decided to stay at my weight, or perhaps even gain some, and start toning up and getting some muscle.
    Thanks for your comment:)
  • That seems like a very small number for someone so tall. I am 5 5 1/2 and 145......my goal is 138 and I am not chubby by any means. If I did get to the weight you want I would look skeletal!

I think the reason I thought losing weight would make me look better, is because I haven't really got any muscle, and I'm not really toned, so I'm going to start mantaining, and maybe even gaining some weight, as well as going to the gym and getting muscle.
    Thanks for your answer:)
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Have a look at this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/531086-before-and-after-pics-no-starvation I'm really inspired by the trim, toned looking ladies who've been lifting weights. They don't look freakishly muscled, just healthy and fit. And they're not super-skinny!
  • it is small, and outside the normal weight range technically, but it does make a difference how you carry it and I'm sure you're used to being small. I would be very careful though, given your history of anorexia. Maybe doctor supervision would be helpful so that you have guidance along the way?

Well, I think from having Anorexia, I kind of lost my sense of what's too small, and I'm not really toned, nor do I have much muscle, so I realize rather than losing more weight, I should just get toned and mantain if not gain some weight.
    Thanks for your answer:)
  • Congratulations for taking control of your health and considering outside opinion. I know a person's self-image of their body can be way off of what others see (mine was!) and it takes a good deal of courage to open yourself to the opinion and suggestions of others.

I would love to have the link to the post by a gal who was 12 or so lbs heavier after her time on MFP than she had been when she was younger. She had pics of her booty and belly and arms and legs and the 12 lbs heavier pics showed her actually looking thinner because it was dense muscle.

if you lose too much, you can easily lose muscle rather than fat. I'd take the advice of those who say try some strength training and concentrate on protein in your diet. I will never forget how good that woman looked, at 12 lbs heavier, than she ever looked without the muscle tone. It really affected how I thought of "weight" vs. "health" - does that make sense?

Anyway - congrats again, and keep yourself in your own control You can try new things and, if they don't work - try something else that will.

:flowerforyou:

Thanks for your comment:) Someone gave me a link with pictures of people who did muscle training, and people who didn't, and there was a HUGE difference. So I'm going to start going to the gym, and toning up. I also realize I need to start mantaining my weight if not gaining. I'm glad that I made this post because I didn't know a lot of the stuff people were telling me about on here, and I didn't realize I was on the verge of being underweight.
    The weight vs. health does make sense, so I need to eat healthier foods, along with more protein.
  • Have a look at this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/531086-before-and-after-pics-no-starvation I'm really inspired by the trim, toned looking ladies who've been lifting weights. They don't look freakishly muscled, just healthy and fit. And they're not super-skinny!

Thanks a bunch for the link! I didn't realize that muscle training made that much of a difference! I've made the decision to do start going to the gym more, and to stop losing weight, and I might even gain some weight:)