Late Night Snacking!

Options
13»

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I save calories for night time, and then I eat at night.

I stay at my calorie goal for the day.

Try it!

I do this too.

Me too. I do IF and it's really helped me a lot :)

Yay, love to hear people finding success with IF.
  • almaster666
    almaster666 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Even at a deficit?
    <.<

>.>

Nah!

Good point - but she should still try to avoid simple sugars!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    If I get late night munchies, I have an orange, apple, cottage cheese, or a few (like 8) tortilla chips to satiate the hunger I think I am feeling. Some slices of turkey is good too. Or some low fat cheese.

Honestly, the best thing to do is just deny yourself. It will get easier, eventually.

Best luck.

Brittany ;)

True! It eventually will get easier. I still go through that every once in a while. When I get tired I crave carbs, but I have to tell myself that I'm just tired and need to go to bed instead of snacking.
  • twilks11
    twilks11 Posts: 29
    Options
    I work a very strange work schedule...7pm to 7am so I am a big night eater. I know how you feel I have always eaten most of my calories at night for as long as I can remember. My new thing is..If I have to eat I try easy things like fruit or even roasted veggies are very good and filling. lately i put green beans on a cookie sheet with garlic and olive oil and roast them and you get alot for very little calories..Of also if you can save just a few calories even if its only 100 or 200 you can even eat ice cream..They have some great new flavor ice cream with half the fat since I don't like fat free..On bowl of that with some syrup is only a 125 calories depending on what brand..Not sure if this helps but I have a huge list of great food to eat at night..Also try not to eat an hour before bed...
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty bad for late night snacking, some nights more than others. I find that if I eat right when I get up in the morning and resist late night snacks, it helps to regulate my sleep schedule (I work at home and back in the fall was going to be around 7am and getting up at 4pm, not productive or good) Then there are nights when I resist snacking but have trouble falling asleep on an empty stomach and have to have a little something.

I find that having late dinners (between 7:30 and 8:30) helps to not snack later.
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I plan for an evening/night snack and logg everything ahead of schedule so it's locked in. Four nights a week I HAVE to have something late at night (after 10.30pm) because I work those evenings and my dinner is at around 3.30pm - I don't get anything else to eat till I get home again, so I have a large dinner and plan a light, late-night snack for when I come home. If yo uknow your tendency is to snack in the late hours, plan for it in your overall choices for the day, If you plan ahead and log things BEFORE you eat them, you can tweak things to make sure you stay within your allowances.

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Plan your daily exercise to account for the snacking at night, it works for me....but i prefer a beer of a whisky at night... coming up to 30 days and 5.75 lbs lighter and no diet discomfort. thank you M F P
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm so bad for it.

Junk food or not, I'm pretty bad for eating in the middle of the night.
    My sleep pattern is a bit messed up, but I always eat at night.

and If I don't I will literally sit there and think about eating for hours, or until I eat something..

What are some tricks you do to help with this?
    You're snacking because you're hungry. More than likely you're probably UNDER EATING. Create a healthy diet with a modest deficit and you shouldn't have to snack in the middle of the night.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I work a very strange work schedule...7pm to 7am so I am a big night eater. I know how you feel I have always eaten most of my calories at night for as long as I can remember. My new thing is..If I have to eat I try easy things like fruit or even roasted veggies are very good and filling. lately i put green beans on a cookie sheet with garlic and olive oil and roast them and you get alot for very little calories..Of also if you can save just a few calories even if its only 100 or 200 you can even eat ice cream..They have some great new flavor ice cream with half the fat since I don't like fat free..On bowl of that with some syrup is only a 125 calories depending on what brand..Not sure if this helps but I have a huge list of great food to eat at night..Also try not to eat an hour before bed...
    I don't understand this post. Your work shift is from 7pm-7am. Why would your food choices magically change, just because it's "night time" or dark outside?
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If we could only adjust our body clock and go to sleep at night at the time we should, then it wouldn't be a problem, hence the reason why they say that sleep deprivation causes weight gain.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You're snacking because you're hungry. More than likely you're probably UNDER EATING. Create a healthy diet with a modest deficit and you shouldn't have to snack in the middle of the night.

Maybe, maybe not. I can't speak for the OP but if I'm snacking it's usually out of boredom or habit than hunger.