Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    dear shredders,

i got my dvd today!!! :tongue:

starting tonight, after curves and grocery shopping! :bigsmile:

wo-wooot! :drinker:

update: i forgot my tennis shoes like a dummy so i had to skip curves:grumble: . went and shopped then did the shred.

W-O-W! i have to say, i am WAAAAAAAAAAY out of shape! i could barely keep up. scratch that - i couldnt keep up! even those 'butt-kicks' seems crazy impossible. so, my modification was more like half-*kitten* but i was still totally out of breath and sweating! i am excited to make this really happen and i am more than game to do it ever day! :drinker:

my puppy is going to have to go do something else though. MAN! she was a bit excited about me laying on the ground, etc. she even jumped with me a little! she needs the excercise too...:laugh:
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    dear shredders,

i got my dvd today!!! :tongue:

starting tonight, after curves and grocery shopping! :bigsmile:

wo-wooot! :drinker:

update: i forgot my tennis shoes like a dummy so i had to skip curves:grumble: . went and shopped then did the shred.

W-O-W! i have to say, i am WAAAAAAAAAAY out of shape! i could barely keep up. scratch that - i couldnt keep up! even those 'butt-kicks' seems crazy impossible. so, my modification was more like half-*kitten* but i was still totally out of breath and sweating! i am excited to make this really happen and i am more than game to do it ever day! :drinker:

my puppy is going to have to go do something else though. MAN! she was a bit excited about me laying on the ground, etc. she even jumped with me a little! she needs the excercise too...:laugh:

:laugh: the butt kicks SUCK! I don't have very good balance, so its very hard for me..I just kind look like I'm jogging in place...my husband thinks I'm weird...LOL
  • allisonie
    allisonie Posts: 34
    Options
    haha! I think I DO just jog in place instead of "butt kicks". Also - I find the jump rope the most challenging. My calves REALLY don't like it. :grumble:
  • ccoker
    ccoker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Half *kitten* butt kicks:laugh: LMAO
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    So, I am pathetically out of shape, lol. I can at least make it through but sometimes have to jog in place for part of the jump rope and butt kicks.

My 15 year old is doing the challenge with me. She's such a show off, she's started adding hand weight moves in where there are none...brat, lol. My 2 and 4 year olds also try to do it with us and my 4 year old is furious that I didn't buy him his own weights, lol. They actually do pretty well with most of the moves. My 4 year old stands in front of us and pretends to get knocked out the whole time we are doing punches. He makes sounds and falls to the floor and then gets back up and does it again. It's SO hard to work out while you are laughing. I LOVE watching my two year old do the jumping jacks, she jumps around and waves her arms around like crazy and giggles the whole time.

So far, I haven't lost any weight this week and I'm kind of bummed but we have two more days...
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Aymie: I bet it is so hard to workout with all the distractions around you BUT it helps you also to keep going you have no excuses cuz your kids are doing it with you! That is awesome! Keep it up!

DAY 4 DONE!

I did 30 Day Shred Level 1 for a calorie burn of 220. That is an increase of 30 calories since I first did it!

I actually looked at my heart rate monitor after doing the punches and I was shocked how high your heart rate goes just from doing punches!!

I also did Slim In 6 Start It Up and Slim and 6 Pack. You want an AWESOME ab workout do the Slim and 6 Pack WOW is all I have to say!

Well shower time everyone have a great workout!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    doing the shred made me realize how very out of shape i am - even though i work out at curves 3-5 times a week since january (give or take a couple weeks :embarassed: ). the push ups were incredibly hard among others, but i have to say the worst part is getting my butt up off the floor after doing crunches! man! makes me feel OLD and worn out! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rachlong33
    rachlong33 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ok ladies my calves are killing me!!!!!:explode:

I'm going away for the weekend so i wont be doing the shred or be able to weigh in on friday, so i will post all my measurements on tuesday when i get back on a computer. everyone have a great holiday weekend and i will be back on tuesday.:drinker:
  • demezat
    Options
    Day 4 check in! I finished with my daily shred! UGH!! Jillian is killin' me!! Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    I'm cleaning out my garage this morning so will have to do shred later today, but WILL do it. Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Done my shred Monday and Tuesday but had to rest yesterday due to overdoing it on the treadmill Tuesday (I walked 3.5 miles and jogged .5 miles and my whole body was sore yesterday:grumble: )

I'm going to get ready now and get back to business :drinker: . Hope all is well with everyone else.:flowerforyou:
  • sdwillis35
    sdwillis35 Posts: 40
    Options
    Day 4 Shred is over and done with....woohoo!! I'm actually starting to enjoy it. May be I should add heavier weights or move up a level...I don't know we'll see! After doing the shred I did 10 minute solutions pilates perfect butt and thigh just a little extra.. I'm feelings great ladies hope you are too!!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Done with the shred for today, yea!
  • momta2girls
    momta2girls Posts: 60
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 complete. I may do my weigh in on Sunday since I'm lagging behind this week.

I'm so sore:sad: !
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Day 5 Shred Done!

Burned 201 calories in 27 mins!

I think I am going to do each level for 10 days.

Have a great shred workout!
    Jenn
  • demezat
    Options
    Just got finished with day 5 of the shred. I can honestly say it was a little bit easier today. I was able to do the "butt kicks" today without losing my balance. LOL So thats a plus. I'm half way through with the level one circuit, So I hope by the time I get to day ten this will be very easy. I'm about to put on my sauna suit and hit the elliptical.

I feel like I have th exercise part down, I can't say I look forward to working out, but after I'm finished I'm glad I did it, you know? Now I need to work on my diet. I'm doing very well with it until night time. I am a muncher...so I like to snack at night, normally something sweet. I guess I need to find snacks that aren't so fattening. That and not giving into my hubby's and his night time trips to the Mcdonalds drive thru...LOL I have no will power when it comes to mcd's fries!!
  • demezat
    Options
    So, I am pathetically out of shape, lol. I can at least make it through but sometimes have to jog in place for part of the jump rope and butt kicks.

My 15 year old is doing the challenge with me. She's such a show off, she's started adding hand weight moves in where there are none...brat, lol. My 2 and 4 year olds also try to do it with us and my 4 year old is furious that I didn't buy him his own weights, lol. They actually do pretty well with most of the moves. My 4 year old stands in front of us and pretends to get knocked out the whole time we are doing punches. He makes sounds and falls to the floor and then gets back up and does it again. It's SO hard to work out while you are laughing. I LOVE watching my two year old do the jumping jacks, she jumps around and waves her arms around like crazy and giggles the whole time.

So far, I haven't lost any weight this week and I'm kind of bummed but we have two more days...

Hey I got on the scales this moring and gained a pound and a half so don't feel bad...my husband says, oh you know muscle weighs more than fat...I hate hearing that even if it is true...LOL 2 more day...only I have a birthday party to through tomorrow with lots of food and cake...UGH!! this is going to be a real challenge to say the least!
  • demezat
    Options
    Day 5 Shred Done!

Burned 201 calories in 27 mins!

I think I am going to do each level for 10 days.

Have a great shred workout!
    Jenn

Thats my plan as well each level for 10 days...today was pretty good, I hope it gets easier before I go to the next level...LOL Good luck to you!!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    demezat: I am also a night time sweet person and the things that help me are:
    fat free, sugar free pudding or jello
    sugar free gum or candy
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    Day 5, level 1 will be done in just a bit!! Hope everyone has a good weekend!