How???? Just how????

13»

Replies

• PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 673 Member
    For me, it's usually my monthly cycle that makes me gain weight every darn time. Grrr.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Don't get angry or upset over 3lbs!

Honestly I fluctuate that all the time - up and down, and even within the same day! It can be for a variety of reasons - the food you ate, how fast your blood is pumping, hormones, water, etc.

Yesterday for example I weighed myself when I got home and then again before bed....it was a difference of 2.5lbs! Then I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 4lbs less then I did before bed. Have patience. Right now you are losing and your body is adjusting....

Keep up the good work!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    I'm in karate as well. Last week I was assisting with a black belt testing, my piece was a pretty grueling 4 hour workout. The next day I had gained 4 pounds. It's water weight, don't sweat it...or do...you know what I mean.
  • Cheers guys, I'll keep plodding on with the karate, swimming, boxing and walking and try and ditch the scales!! Not easy though :huh:
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 98
    I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your reply. This morning I posted on my status that I was up 1lb even though I have been following the program and skipped chocolate over the Easter holidays and followed the MFP program. This now explains why I may have gone up. Thanks again as I was feeling a little down after my weigh-in this morning.
    Don't be discouraged, just take a look at my diary food notes, I weight in daily and log it as a food note, my weight (as well as everyone's) fluctuates wildly. For instance, I lost a full pound over night and I literally only did a 1/2 a workout yesterday - craziness. By keeping track like I do you see that weight loss isn't steady, its up a bit, down a bit and all over but it does come off. Hang in there.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Glad my post helped. Many say don't weigh in daily but I've found it to be helpful and keeps me from panicking. I was at my lowest weigh in on Saturday and up 4 lbs today. The old me would be so down but the new me just laughed, i'll be down again in a few days :)
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    1957 Chevrolets weighs more than feathers.

OMG no they don't! Ten thousand pounds of 1957 Chevrolets weighs exactly the same as ten thousand pounds of feathers!

All joking aside, it's incredibly sad that people feel the need to be "pedantic" by pointing out an incredibly obvious distinction that everyone already knows and understands. If the quantity isn't given, it's no more correct to assume a given weight than a given quantity. This is why units of volume are used.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Muscle vs. fat doesn't matter because she didn't gain 2 pounds of muscle over a weekend.