Getting in shape for the zombie apocalypse

Options

Replies

• greeneyed_beachgirl
    Options
    Rule # 1 Cardio

The kids think the "fluffy" people go first because there is more for the zombies to eat!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Getting in shape for the apocalypse is surly a great thing to do :) I say what ever motivates you do it :)
    WARNING: I'm about to burst your doomsday bubble for all you doomsdayers out there-
    There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today should be July 28th, 2013.
    Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year.... so technically the world should have ended about 7 months ago.

I'm not thinking its coming for 2012 but zombies could happen at any time!!! Gotta be prepared!!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Getting in shape for the apocalypse is surly a great thing to do :) I say what ever motivates you do it :)
    WARNING: I'm about to burst your doomsday bubble for all you doomsdayers out there-
    There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today should be July 28th, 2013.
    Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year.... so technically the world should have ended about 7 months ago.

This^^^^

Don'tcha just hate it when facts get in the way of a good zombie kill?
    the zombie apocalypse can come at any time. In the meantime, i've got a bunch of books and videos on medieval sword fighting, a waster and a wooden pell that's going to wish it never met me.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My main motivation.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    This is too funny! I've got to add Katana training into my routine :laugh:
  • jg627
    Options
    This is too funny! I've got to add Katana training into my routine :laugh:
    I'm not a big katana fan, myself. The blades are prone to chipping, however you'll mostly be cutting rotted meat and bone, not iron, so it probably won't be an issue, just personal preference in this case.
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Dont forget to practice moving efficiently with a backpack. You have to have one of those!!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    been practicing by running around with a sandbag on my shoulders
  • deftanker
    Options
    soooooo,,,, Assuming you all are in shape, are you prepared as well?
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Serious buzzkill dude! lol
    Zombies are an eventuality that can't be ignored. Prepare yourself now!
  • deftanker
    Options
    After dashing my buddies EOW party plans with that statement (thank you), I informed them that the Mayans couldnt possibly have predicted the end of the world without the help of a higher power. With that being said the higher power MUST have know about mankinds ability to change the dates and therefore adjusted the Mayans calculations to correspond to THIS year as WE know it and blah blah blah.....

Seemed to work for him
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For those that need practice running from zombies https://www.zombiesrungame.com just thought it looked neat for those that are interested I use a shuffle to run this game almost makes me want to use my iphone

That has to be the coolest ap ever! I may just be running from zombies tonight during my zombie apocalypse training.
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I plan on hanging out with a whole bunch of people who run a lot slower than I do.

Plus I'm stocking up on empty liquor bottles, diesel fuel, styrofoam, and scrap cloth.:bigsmile:
  • yttiksdrawkcab
    yttiksdrawkcab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Zombies terrify me. This is an awesome reason to start doing more cardio. I don't want to be a zombie's lunch!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Remember, everyone's going to go after the bullets, but no one's going to touch the arrows....

I suggest you become proficient with a bow!
  • deftanker
    Options
    I second that!
  • jg627
    Options
    Or a crossbow. They're a little easier to use, but don't have the range that a good bow has. You gotta shoot em in the head.
  • deftanker
    Options
    I like the crossbow to death. I think compounds would be better for carrying and reloading times although they dont pack the same kind of punch a crossbow does it will do the job nicely (plus its more excercise.... see what I did there??)
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    lol I love this group my hubby is a major "How we are going to live through the zombie invasion" planner!!!