Getting in shape for the zombie apocalypse

Options

Replies

• juliemaplehurst
    Options
    Amazon has a cool zombie wish list, it has loads of fitness stuff, I am practicing with the base ball bat, and running in a gas mask, whilst carrying my torch, duck tape, axe, and cross bow in my backpack! This is serious stuff we should all be prepared.........
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Amazon has a cool zombie wish list, it has loads of fitness stuff, I am practicing with the base ball bat, and running in a gas mask, whilst carrying my torch, duck tape, axe, and cross bow in my backpack! This is serious stuff we should all be prepared.........

Now THAT I would need a picture of!!!

PS. No food or water?
  • GeekMom17
    GeekMom17 Posts: 51
    Options
    There is a 5 or 6 k run where you get chased by zombies. Something like "run for your life".... sounds like good practice!!!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My reason for strength training - so I can smash skulls with my bat. This is no joke people.

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    If they're true zombies and not the rage-virus type, I'm all set. I'll just outrun the damn things. *points to screenname*

But I'll also be carrying some sort of melee weapon, probably a crowbar, and I'll do just fine wielding it. Thank you, months of hitting the weight room.

If the dead start rising, I'll be ready to rumble. :drinker:
  • deftanker
    Options
    Im more along the lines of drivingfrom(over)zombies... but I am there with you. No rage virus please
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Im more along the lines of drivingfrom(over)zombies... but I am there with you. No rage virus please

Not gonna do you any good if you run into a horde of them! Plus you'll just be a target for the runners...
  • deftanker
    Options
    Thats just the part that gets me to a "safe" place. I would rather drive into a horde vs run into a horde
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be scared of december 2012 when the mayan long count calendar recycles, end of the world and all that. I see it as an opportunity. If the world is going to be overrun with zombies, then let's get in shape so we can kill lots of zombies! Who's with me?

I'm stocking up on twinkies as we speak. I saw the documentary zombieland. I know what supplies to get.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Yep, my husband and I have been working hard for the last year so we can outrun the zombies. Our only hope is the movies and books are correct and they move slow. If they for some reason are fast moving zombies we may be in trouble.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I plan on hanging out with a whole bunch of people who run a lot slower than I do.

Plus I'm stocking up on empty liquor bottles, diesel fuel, styrofoam, and scrap cloth.:bigsmile:

As am I. I'm all about the cardio right now... But I plan on befriending a large group of women who dropped out of WeightWatchers right before the official apocalypse. I don't have to be the fastest - but I have to ensure that there's a good number slower than me.
  • haanne
    haanne Posts: 5
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Right?? Zombies too? Did you hear about the triangle on the sun??? Apparently the sun was a Myan God and theres a triangle portal right in the middle for aliens to fly out of . LOL At least I will be in shape enough to run away from the Zombies. IF Zombies eat people mabye aliens eat zombies... ...
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Right?? Zombies too? Did you hear about the triangle on the sun??? Apparently the sun was a Myan God and theres a triangle portal right in the middle for aliens to fly out of . LOL At least I will be in shape enough to run away from the Zombies. IF Zombies eat people mabye aliens eat zombies... ...
    Maybe the aliens control the zombies just like in Plan 9 From Outer Space.
  • commotionstrange
    commotionstrange Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Rule #!: Cardio! I'm with some of you...so long as they aren't Rage-infected, I'm good to go :P I'm thinking a crowbar, and knife and my bike. No fights at gas stations for me! I'd be just as concerned about the rest of the humans.
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    This is exactly whay I'm about to start the couch to 5k running plan! I want to be able to RUN when those zombies come, because I can't count on them being shufflers - they might be the quick and the dead, or something like out of 28 Days Later!

On top of all th ecardio I'm planning on getting in, I need to work on strength training (got to be able ot haul all those weapons about and USE them in a zombie attack!) and endurance (gotta be able to keep going!). I'll also be eating healthily to fuel my body with the good stuff and keep in tip-top shape. The upside to all this will be a trim, fit body that I'm going to WANT to preserve from a zombie apocalypse and will be able to do so too! ;)

Zombie slayers, assemble!!! XD
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to prepare for the coming zombie war. My gf swears it's robots we need to be worried about.

She's weird. :ohwell:
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to stock up on chainsaws.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm in the zombie appocolypse group here on MFP- you can join us it starts on Sunday!
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna stock up on bullets
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    One of my friends dreamed of zombies the other night. She said her mom and daughter were "worthless in fighting zombies" and hid the whole time and she had to fight them off by herself...with a knive! Then she'd have to find them a new hiding place. She woke up exhausted and said she really empathizes with Rick on The Walking Dead now...she said it's draining trying to keep people alive and safe..lol:sick: