Question for the ladies

Replies

• rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 542 Member
    One thing that my guy does that makes me feel on top of the world is when he acts just a *wee* bit jealous. For instance, we will be at a bar, and he keeps his arm on the back of my chair, and when I ask him why he is all clingy, he tells me it’s because he wants every guy in the place to know that I am with HIM. Or if I am gone to long, he comes and looks for me to make sure no one is trying to “steal me” from him. <3

It makes me feel so good about myself that he is worried that every other guy in the place (where ever we are) is checking me out.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    when she does something like, oh, putting clothes in the dryer, grab her forcefully, throw her over the dryer, tear free whatever she's got on and have your way with her. afterwards, when she is looking at you with a bit of surprise on her face, say "sorry - i took one look at you and couldn't help myself."

that usually makes me feel pretty awesome about myself.

Damn, this just made me feel..................well....................it made me feel something :love:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    I'm pretty good about telling her - maybe too good. Love to just walk up behind her while she is cooking dinner and wrap my arms around her and whisper what I am thinking. Generally, the reply is a slight smile and a reminder that I am getting in the way of what she is working on. And, I love to walk into the bathroom while she is showering, throw back the curtain, look her up and down, comment inappropriately :love: , ask to be late to work, look appropriately pouty when refused, and then head off to work.
    I'm pretty sure she knows what I think about her....but I want her to KNOW that is how she is.
    After four kids (one set of twins) and 15 years of marriage, I think she is hotter than when we started dating. Just need her to see herself that way too.

That's awesome!!! You sound like you're doing a great job.... :love:
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member
    My husband gets me everytime when he says that he is so lucky to have me and that if he had to do it all over again he wouldn't change a thing!!! I don't like sappy comments, so when he is genuine is when I truly feel appreciated!!

I would say the main thing is to appreciate her and everything she does for you and to RESPECT her!!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    My husband occationally sends me a txt message out of no where saying I am so lucky to be married to you. I am so in love with you. It makes my heart race still. He definately makes me feel beautiful.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Give her details. What is it that you find beautiful about her?

Just telling her is so general and seems less sincere. Details means you really have been paying attention.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Make love to her with your eyes, and then when you make love to her physically do it in a way that you've never done it before. When she asks what "that" was about, tell her that she makes you feel that way.

It's not about the words. Yes, tell her, but don't tell her everyday. It really does get old. But touching her differently or kissing her differently never gets old.
  • dolphin9803
    dolphin9803 Posts: 125
    I personally have very very low self-esteem and my boyfriend is always telling me I am beautiful, sexy, hot, etc and I still don't believe him.

I know that HE thinks those things, but I don't believe those things about myself.

I certainly appreciate being told or having little things done to show it, but until I start to feel better about myself, I won't feel these things for myself.

I think this is right on. Until she feels the way you think she is I don't know if anything will boost her up. Just my opinion though. The above describes me to a T and even thought my hubby will take me clothes shopping and pick stuff out for me to try on saying "put this on and look sexy" He may see it that way but as for me I see a fat girl in clothes that don't fit. I say just keep what your doin and eventually she will get (I'm hoping for this...lol)
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Sorry to disagree with other poster, but I'd say dont let one day pass without telling her that she is beautiful in one way or another. Pet names are nice too. I never tire of being greeted with "Hi beautiful".

I agree! My husband tells me I am beautiful every day...and I soak it up :) Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    The truth of the matter is that if she doesn't have self-esteem and doesn't find herself to be beautiful no matter what you say or do she is never gonna believe you...

Talk from experience...
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Don't tell her over and over... if you are too repetitive she will not believe you are serious. Stare at her. Seriously (not psycho like:wink: ). When I catch my husband looking at me, just looking and smiling, I feel more beautiful than any other time :heart:

I have to agree...don't tell her over and over because then the specialness of it wears off. Another thing...don't tell her she's hot...to me thats not something that makes a girl feel great. Tell her she's gorgeous or beautiful.

Make sure you also say it even if she is just in sweats and not just when she's dressed up...:happy:
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Sorry to disagree with other poster, but I'd say dont let one day pass without telling her that she is beautiful in one way or another. Pet names are nice too. I never tire of being greeted with "Hi beautiful".

I am the same way my bf tells me i'm cute and stuff and i get like yeah right! I have to say when i get a text or card saying something like.." hey sexy, beautiful ect i smile like all day. :love:
  • darla100
    darla100 Posts: 134 Member
    I'm pretty good about telling her - maybe too good. Love to just walk up behind her while she is cooking dinner and wrap my arms around her and whisper what I am thinking. Generally, the reply is a slight smile and a reminder that I am getting in the way of what she is working on. And, I love to walk into the bathroom while she is showering, throw back the curtain, look her up and down, comment inappropriately :love: , ask to be late to work, look appropriately pouty when refused, and then head off to work.
    I'm pretty sure she knows what I think about her....but I want her to KNOW that is how she is.
    After four kids (one set of twins) and 15 years of marriage, I think she is hotter than when we started dating. Just need her to see herself that way too.

Your doing everything you can..my husband is the same way as you..but I do not have high self esteem..it is gradually coming out of me, but it has taken a long time. The thing my husband started about 5-6 years ago, at Christmas, he writes me a poem, or a letter, and in it he expresses everything that I mean to him and our kids, and how he sees me exactly, and being able to read those and re-read those, have truly helped me come out of my shell..it won't happen overnight, but it sounds like your an amazing husband..so keep doing what your doing..also we go on "date nights" for sure, once a month..NO KIDS..just us..make time for yourselves..
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    What an AMAZING fella. I think u could tell her u posted this as you want her to know how beautiful she is. Lots of other good suggestions already. You already sound like your doing just great to me. Congrats on being an ace fella!
  • GGGreen
    GGGreen Posts: 1 Member
    Do not ask other women, ask the one you live with. "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised."
  • Do not ask other women, ask the one you live with. "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised."

She's worth praising. :)
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Keep doing what you're doing! My hubby does that hugging while I'm cooking thing and i'll lightly push him away. While I am a little concerned about burning dinner, I love when he does that. i also love when i look very casual in my lounging clothes and out of the blue, he's telling me how good I look:noway: i'm wondering what's he looking at, but at the same time I love it and i love him for it. You sound like a good man and she's a lucky woman!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Self-esteem is built-up over a lifetime. I think all you can do is make her feel beautiful by treating her with respect and loving her. Tell her she's beautiful but I think its more than that. When there is a roomful of women, have eyes for only her. The little things like holding her hand, sharing smiles with her when you are with other people, making special plans to do something romantic for when you guys have alone time, can go a long way in making someone feel loved and desired. Especially since you have kids... I know personally how kids can suck the romance and spontaneity right out of a relationship sometimes. :wink:
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    It depends on the kind of person she is. Some of the commenters want to hear how beautiful they are all the time-- me, not so much. I would rather catch him staring, or have him choose to stay on the sofa with me when he could (and would usually) be doing something else. It's not that being told I'm beautiful is bad, but it can get old, and talk is cheap. Demonstrate. I probably feel sexiest when he engages in a (friendly) debate or philosophical conversation with me and I can see that he thinks my intellect is hot. But that's what I respond to-- others are different.
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    When she is dressed up ready to go out or whatever...be the first one to tell her she looks (insert descriptive word here) (beautiful, hott, radiant whatever)!!