has anyone tried The 17 Day Diet? does it work?

Options
124»

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I know what the 17 day diet is and I call it a fad soley because it's another book and diet plan designed for the author and publisher to make money on something we already know will help lose weight.

Following a strict diet plan with things removed, added, etc is a fad for those who will not stick with it.

It works for some people yes. For some it won't. For most though, if you eat healthy, clean, whole, fresh foods and lean meats you will lose weight - which is almost exactly what this diet is about (the 17 day diet seems the same as the Eat Clean diet but with a bit more restrictions.

What is a fad for one person won't be for another.

I personally just don't see the point in spending money to read about what I already know. I also don't want to spend money on a restrictive diet when I can do it on my own. That's me though.

If you need the structure and the meal plans/meal ideas written out for you than go for it. Some people need that and some don't.

People are different.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but don'tcha think it is a bit rich for you to be so dismissive of it when you're 50lb overweight yourself? If you knew all the answers maybe you wouldn't need to be on here?

A lot of your posts are really negative, instead of being supportive and encouraging like most around here.

Just saying...

I agree.

When posting its great to have your own opinion but at the same time this isnt a place for people to hate on ones ideas, if they want to try it then let them.... and saying "just saying" doesnt make it ok either.

I'm not sure I ever really did "hate on ones ideas" ... I stated my opinion of it in my second post and also said for someone who needs the structure it's great to try.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I know what the 17 day diet is and I call it a fad soley because it's another book and diet plan designed for the author and publisher to make money on something we already know will help lose weight.

Following a strict diet plan with things removed, added, etc is a fad for those who will not stick with it.

It works for some people yes. For some it won't. For most though, if you eat healthy, clean, whole, fresh foods and lean meats you will lose weight - which is almost exactly what this diet is about (the 17 day diet seems the same as the Eat Clean diet but with a bit more restrictions.

I personally just don't see the point in spending money to read about what I already know. I also don't want to spend money on a restrictive diet when I can do it on my own. That's me though.

If you need the structure and the meal plans/meal ideas written out for you than go for it. Some people need that and some don't.

People are different.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but don'tcha think it is a bit rich for you to be so dismissive of it when you're 50lb overweight yourself? If you knew all the answers maybe you wouldn't need to be on here?

A lot of your posts are really negative, instead of being supportive and encouraging like most around here.

Just saying...

I agree.

When posting its great to have your own opinion but at the same time this isnt a place for people to hate on ones ideas, if they want to try it then let them.... and saying "just saying" doesnt make it ok either.

I'm not sure I ever really did "hate on ones ideas" ... I stated my opinion of it in my second post and also said for someone who needs the structure it's great to try.

im saying that based on your previous posts in other topics.
    I've read what you've posted and what the topics were.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

People are different.

Just saying...

I agree.

im saying that based on your previous posts in other topics.
    I've read what you've posted and what the topics were.

Again, stating an opinion, however I'm not sure what previous posts have to do with this one as each one has a different topic, tone, etc.

I've done a lot in the weight loss game and it's simply sharing opinions and information gathered over the years.