Runners: What is your mantra?

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    "Don't trip don't trip don't trip lookout weird homeless dude don't trip don't trip don't trip tranny hooker don't trip don't trip.."
  • Leah5449
    Leah5449 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use Dorie's inspiration from "Finding Nemo"- just keep running, just keep running, just keep running

I also like "slow is steady-steady is smooth-smooth is FAST"
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    When I'm struggling on a hilly run and just not feeling it and really want to quit...I think about the fact that I delivered my son without an epidural { not by choice, nearly had him in the car } I think to myself, "This is nothing, if I could push through that pain, then I can "push" through this pain."

So, I guess my Mantra is "just keep pushing, you're almost there, you're almost there"
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I do SO many of these...and I also like to channel my inner Honey Badger...cause Honey Badger doesn't give a *kitten*!
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    3. "F*@K, F*@K, F*@K, F*@K, F*@K, F*@K, F*@K, "

No.3 was given to me by flipipino_wardog !!!!!

I *love* that one, lol!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I use Dorie's inspiration from "Finding Nemo"- just keep running, just keep running, just keep running

I also like "slow is steady-steady is smooth-smooth is FAST"

Sorry, but the nerd in me is screaming at this one...

slow = steady
    steady = smooth
    smooth = fast

So... slow = fast???
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Im favorite is "Pain is fear leaving the body"
  • sandybeachez
    sandybeachez Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    BUMP FOR LATEr:smooched:
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    "Whatever you do, do not stop moving!" or "I am a well fed machine, I was built for this, now push!" LOL < Slightly crazy the last one. :D
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Just to that next..... Block, street light, hill, whatever i see in front of me.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Just to that next..... Block, street light, hill, whatever i see in front of me.
    I do this with biking A LOT!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I think about what those guys in Running the Sahara went through every day, and think, "psh, THIS is nothing"
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    ... don't trip don't trip don't trip that puddle was actually urine don't trip don't trip graffitti was better in the old days don't trip don't trip...
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    "Run fat girl run!!!"
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just keep telling myself pain is weekness leaving the body...you can do this.....seems to help!
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be sore than sorry.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize almost everyone does this stuff.. if I'm outside I also look to the next - tree, rock, house, street, etc.- if im inside on the treadmill I look at the time or distance and say, just til the next quarter mile, or for 2 more minutes. I also zone out, focus on a spot on the wall, or concentrate on my breathing.
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    this is so funny - i think i've done a little bit of all of these.
    Now that Im doing more long runs (marathon is in 2 months) I find myself saying
    "No, you're not going to die. No, your legs are not actually going to fall off. Yes, you can breathe and yes, you can keep doing this"
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I concentrate on my breathing and pretend I'm a female Jason Bourne!! Love it!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    not really a mantra, but I switch my music to bluegrass banjo....it makes me think of the movie "Deliverance" and that I gotta keep moving to save my *kitten*.