I'm hungry, what are you having for lunch?

Options
MrsLVF
MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
I'm cooking up some grilled garlic shrimp & sweet peas.

What's on your menu?

Replies

• KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm having turkey meatloaf and Balela Quinoa - it's still breakfast time here though.
    Enjoy your shrimp and sweet peas! Sounds wonderful. :)
  • Hi5jamaica
    Hi5jamaica Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Spring mix, topped with roasted veggies (tri-color peppers, asparagus, red onion, and grape tomatoes tossed with olive oil and garlic), parmesan cheese, and sliced almonds.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm having turkey meatloaf and Balela Quinoa - it's still breakfast time here though.
    mmmm Turkey meatloaf sounds good too.
    How is Quinoa? I've wanted to try it, does it taste like regular pasta?
  • holthaus30
    holthaus30 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Eh I had a frozen grilled chicken breast sandwich and smeared some butter'n pb on it, it actually turned out decent.
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    A gigantic salad with 4 eggs and 4oz chicken. Today is my strength day.
  • KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    mmmm Turkey meatloaf sounds good too.
    How is Quinoa? I've wanted to try it, does it taste like regular pasta?

It's different - doesn't really taste like pasta. It's great with the Balela ("This is a Middle Eastern salad with chickpeas, black beans & tomatoes and is flavored with lemon, olive oil, mint and other spices.." from www.traderjoesfan.com) in it. You should get some quinoa and give it a try, especially since it's such a great source of protien. For mine, I basically just followed the recipe on the back of the Tri-color Quinoa from Trader Joes then dumped in an 8oz container of their Balela. If you don't have a TJs there you could find a recipe for the Balela, because it's wonderful alone, and just put 8oz of it in your plain Quinoa.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Lunch will be our big meal for the day today. I'm grilling up Korean short ribs (Trader Joes) and serving them with brown rice, kimchi and edamame. YUM!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about making some tuna burgers!!!! :D
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    turkey burger I grilled up a couple days ago and some carrots:)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    A big green salad with grilled shrimp and Ken's raspberry walnut dressing.
  • michaelthorsonjr
    Options
    I had 2 oz. of Stacy's Naked Pita Chips with a sesame seed bagel with PB2 Chocolate Peanut Butter spread...delicious! :-)
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    A roll stuffed with tuna. There was supposed to be lettuce and tomatoes...but, uh....someone forgot them. Oh, and a banana. Or an apple. Or both.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I had broccoli salad with grilled chicken on top. :)

Oh, and then a granny smith apple. Yum!

Your lunch sounds delicious!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Brocolli, cauliflower, zuchinni, summer squash and asparagus, with meat balls and vodka sauce (it's spring break, and I can't drink I want to at least SMELL some vodka! ) and probably some cheesey flax bread sticks!
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Spring mix, 4 oz chicken, carrots, onion, light mozzerella cheese, pepper and Boathouse Ranch yogurt dressing...it was yummy in my tummy :):bigsmile:
  • Arani70
    Arani70 Posts: 84
    Options
    A yummy salad with chopped up lamb chops from dinner last night, om nom nom!
  • rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    Turkey Club no mayo with lay's baked chips original yumm!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Left overs from last night - Spicy Honey Chicken with Thai Peanut Noodles.

The Spicy Honey chicken wasn't nearly as spicy as I would have hoped and wasn't as good as the maple-glazed chicken we usually make.

The Thai peanut noodles, however, were pretty good and fairly close to Pad Thai. I'll make those again.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Tuna burgers (no buns) zucchini with a homemade protein bar for desert!!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    a vegan griller on an arnolds flat roll and some homemade quinoa: raspberry salad