I'm hungry, what are you having for lunch?

Options

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Vegetable soup I made!
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Spinach salad with ground turkey, craisins, shredded Swiss and raspberry vinaigrette dressing! MMMMmmmm!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Sloppy Turchicken... used up leftover ground chicken and turkey sausage for homemade sloppy joes.
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Today I plan to have some whole grain penne pasta bulked with mixed veggies and a little alfredo sauce, next to a salad with light italian dressing :] yum yum!!
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm having turkey meatloaf and Balela Quinoa - it's still breakfast time here though.
    Enjoy your shrimp and sweet peas! Sounds wonderful. :)
    mmmm Turkey meatloaf sounds good too.
    How is Quinoa? I've wanted to try it, does it taste like regular pasta?

It's different - doesn't really taste like pasta. It's great with the Balela ("This is a Middle Eastern salad with chickpeas, black beans & tomatoes and is flavored with lemon, olive oil, mint and other spices.." from www.traderjoesfan.com) in it. You should get some quinoa and give it a try, especially since it's such a great source of protien. For mine, I basically just followed the recipe on the back of the Tri-color Quinoa from Trader Joes then dumped in an 8oz container of their Balela. If you don't have a TJs there you could find a recipe for the Balela, because it's wonderful alone, and just put 8oz of it in your plain Quinoa.

Quinoa is amazing! One of my favorite foods. I use it in place of pasta, rice, potatoes and ceral. It has almost a nutty type flavor (in my opinion).
    My favorite quinoa recipe: one part quinoa to two parts water. Bring to a boil, then add cinnamon, apples, raisins and a brown sugar substitute. Stir it up, cover and turn to a simmer until it's cooked through. I make a big pot of it and will eat it for dessert, a snack and also for breakfast in place of oatmeal or ceral. It reheats nicely in the microwave if you add a splash of milk.
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I had a hard boiled egg white w/ a little jalapeno cilantro hummus
    I baked a ww tortilla to make it nice and crispy. Put some of that hummus on it and some baked honey lime chicken from yesterday. Ate it like nachos. YUM!!!
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing I have every day! Celery, cucumber, broccoli, carrots, chicken (spiced with dill, seasoning salt, tri colour peppercorns and garlic), and a sprinkling of light mozza cheese with wishbone ranch spritzers.
  • tru2rt
    tru2rt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am having a reeses peanut butter cup shakeology! 1 scoop shakeology, 2 tbsp Bell Plantation powdered PB, 1 cup water and some ice cubes!
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm having turkey meatloaf and Balela Quinoa - it's still breakfast time here though.
    Enjoy your shrimp and sweet peas! Sounds wonderful. :)
    mmmm Turkey meatloaf sounds good too.
    How is Quinoa? I've wanted to try it, does it taste like regular pasta?

It's different - doesn't really taste like pasta. It's great with the Balela ("This is a Middle Eastern salad with chickpeas, black beans & tomatoes and is flavored with lemon, olive oil, mint and other spices.." from www.traderjoesfan.com) in it. You should get some quinoa and give it a try, especially since it's such a great source of protien. For mine, I basically just followed the recipe on the back of the Tri-color Quinoa from Trader Joes then dumped in an 8oz container of their Balela. If you don't have a TJs there you could find a recipe for the Balela, because it's wonderful alone, and just put 8oz of it in your plain Quinoa.

Quinoa is amazing! One of my favorite foods. I use it in place of pasta, rice, potatoes and ceral. It has almost a nutty type flavor (in my opinion).
    My favorite quinoa recipe: one part quinoa to two parts water. Bring to a boil, then add cinnamon, apples, raisins and a brown sugar substitute. Stir it up, cover and turn to a simmer until it's cooked through. I make a big pot of it and will eat it for dessert, a snack and also for breakfast in place of oatmeal or ceral. It reheats nicely in the microwave if you add a splash of milk.

just discovered last week and loving it too! have not had for breakfast yet.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Salad mix, 2% cheddar cheese, 4 pieces of hillshire farm ham, light thousand island dressing and 16 reduced fat wheat thins. Oh and of course a bottle of water
  • raw14
    raw14 Posts: 22
    Options
    thai pizza, I use 100 calorie flat bread, sweet chille sauce, put shredded carrots, brocolli, mushrooms andonions on top and lightly sprinkle with Feta cheese for some cheese taste. Its around 320 or less depending on how much feta and chille sauce is used. sooooo yummmy of course heat in oven until hot.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 oz can of albacore tuna. Didn't have time to shred the cabbage and carrots this morning and no wrap. So I'm headed down to the office food court to get something green to add to it. Maybe some cabbage and broccoli. I'll make it work :-)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    vegan cabbage rolls and apple cidar vinegar salad
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Salad and Quinoa
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    leftover sheperds pie and spinach salad.
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Leftover grilled chicken with stir fry veggies, 1/4 c. brown rice and some soy sauce...MMMMMM
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Fruit and greek yogurt dip. I'm going to the mall with some friends and i know we'll have smoothies or starbucks, ad i already had a big breakfast.
  • webenic
    webenic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fish Tacos w/ homemade salsa and some cantalope. YUM!
  • amzasmommy
    amzasmommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    nothing exciting. had a lunch meeting at work. turkey sandwhich, kettle chips, part of a brownie, water.