Lower weight but bigger boobs!!!

Options

Replies

• AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I've lost quite a bit of weight, 60 lbs thus far, and my chest size remains the same, nice and perky. I do chest exercises (lifting) twice a week.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    The same thing has happened to me. I finally found a plausible answer. You still have the same amount of breast tissue, but you lose fat around your rib cage. Thus, your chest remains the same amount of tissue (size), but the extra layers from back/stomach go down - making it appear that chest grew, but just less is 'hiding.' Thus, the overflowing cups... At least you know where you are NOT carrying extra fatty tissue!!! :) 23 pounds down and up a cup - a man's dream and a woman's nightmare!

Mine are totally going to do this. I used to be a larger cup size, but my band size got bigger as I gained weight. Now as I lose, the band shrinks back down and the cup stays. Thank your lucky genetics.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Sadly.. no.. that is the first place I lose..
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I sure hope that doesn't happen to me. Would have trouble finding a bra.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    Curse you!!! :wink: I am down a WHOLE cup size!!!

same here.... good thing i got plenty to spare lol
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE that to happen to me! My band has gotten MUCH smaller. I used to have to put my 36C bra on the tightest notch. Now, I have to put it on the loosest notch. However, my cup size hasn't gone down.
  • Mely1268
    Mely1268 Posts: 21
    Options
    The same thing has happened to me. I finally found a plausible answer. You still have the same amount of breast tissue, but you lose fat around your rib cage. Thus, your chest remains the same amount of tissue (size), but the extra layers from back/stomach go down - making it appear that chest grew, but just less is 'hiding.' Thus, the overflowing cups... At least you know where you are NOT carrying extra fatty tissue!!! :) 23 pounds down and up a cup - a man's dream and a woman's nightmare!

My Hubby hasn't complained! lol.. He loves it... But now I have about 15 bras that don't fit!!! :mad: As if bra shopping werent hard.. and Bras are not cheap! lmbo!
  • Mely1268
    Options
    OK.. So I am not alone here. I think the one about the area under my breasts getting smaller and my boobs staying the same makes a lot of sense. I dont do much strength training yet. I am doing just cardio and diet changes so that rules out my pectoral muscles... THANKS GUYS!!!! Add me if you'd like!!! Woould love to see your journey and support you on the way... as long as i receive supprt too! :flowerforyou:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I hate you....:laugh: Sorry, that is my jealousy speaking because I have had to say farewell to mine.

It is the mystery of the shrinking boobs.... :cry: :sad:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Yup, when my back size went down as I lost fat, my cup size went up... to E!
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    this topic is usless without pics.. :smile: :smile:
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    First, congrats! Sounds like a good deal. :smile:

For those people who said that they stayed the same cup size but went down a band size... that doesn't mean your boobs stayed the same size. They actually could have gotten smaller. As band sizes go down, so do the size of the cups attached to it. I can wear a 34 D or a 36 C, because the cups are almost the exact same size, and I can adjust the band. I had a friend who wore a 28 E but in reality she looked like an average large B cup.

http://www.dollhousebettie.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&Itemid=0&lang=en&show=198
  • Nishika726
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am having the same issue...I am making the band smaller but the cup runneth over :)

So the cup size is the ratio between the fullest part of your breast to the measurement just beneath. So as you shrink around your rib cage, if your breast tissue (not fat) remains the same from before, then essentially you'll have a larger cup size as compared to before.

When you have reached your goal, try a place such as intimacy (http://myintimacy.com/) for a correct bra fitting...you'll never go back to any other store or bra!

Congrats and best of luck on your journey!
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    your pecs are getting more definition.
    ^THIS!^
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Nope since losing weight I have went down in bra size 44DDD to 42DDD which I am not liking.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Im down almost 2 cup sizes. :sad:
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I hope that doesnt happen to me!! Im at a 42DDD and It causes a lot of back problems for me.. So if they dont go down enough by goal weight i'm getting a reduction!!
  • Mely1268
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE! I don't feel like a weird-o anymore. At least I know my boobs were not all fat! :blushing: ( . )( . ) lol.
  • TexasGirl_Amie
    Options
    Same thing here. I went down 2 sizes in the band and up a size in the cup. Crazy. Not that I mind it at the moment, but if they get bigger, it may be an issue finding bras. lol
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't necessarily grown, but they've stayed the same size that they were 10 pounds ago!!

God is high fiving us with every woman's dream LOL

Also chest weights defs pumps em up!!

All chest exercises have done for me is give me a weird looking bump ABOVE my boobs. Okay, maybe it's not weird looking, it's clearly muscle, and I'm glad it's there, but it's does nothing to make my boobs look bigger. If anything they're smaller/weirder looking. Maybe it's because mine are so saggy. :(