Fitness prizes from work - Help me decide

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
So the Benefits department where I work has a program called Achieve where you can collect points for food logging, exercise, fitness events/races, getting your yearly physical, etc.

I went back to when I started logging food and exercise (which honestly was just last July-ish for exercise and November for food) and will have about 500 points tallied up to get a nice prize of my choosing. I just don't know what to get. The way they work is is that for every 100 points you can get $10 in prizes, so I can get stuff in the $50 category. Here's what they keep in stock:

$50 Subway Gift Card
Hamilton Beach Panini Sandwich maker
George Foreman Next Grilleration Grill with removable plates
New Balance VIA Motion Pedometer
Waterpik cordless Dental Water Jet
Heavyhands Multi-pack Weight Set
Weight Watchers body Analysis Scale

OR, I could pick something out that has a value of $50 (must be fitness related, so perhaps workout clothes, etc) and they will get it for me. I should mention I already have a nice George Foreman grill.

I'm at a loss of what to get! What would you get either from this list or something else valued around $50?

Replies

• cglyfer
    cglyfer Posts: 119
    Options
    WaterPix is great for your gums...helps you to feel clean and fresh...

Who doesn't need SUBWAY???

Pedometer could help you track more exercise to get more points...

One of those three would be my choice...
  • labmother
    Options
    HRM perhaps?
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    Yea, I'm looking at the Subway gift card.

I have a nice GPS w/HRM that I like already, but good suggestion.

Keep 'em coming :smile:
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Figure you can always use a Subway card - perhaps a grocery store card? That could help too.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    Figure you can always use a Subway card - perhaps a grocery store card? That could help too.

I thought about that, or heck, even a gas card would be nice, but they said it had to be fitness related (so they can't just give a gift card and assume I will buy healthy food - buwahaha)

I just found this, which is actually something I would love to have:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Utility-Bench/11993394

I already have some weights, but no bench to use them with.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options

If it tracks your % of body fat & muscle....THIS
  • JoolieW68
    Options

I thought about that, too..... I would be a little leery about a new scale being different than my current one. I'd have to weigh myself side by side to calibrate the new one, I'd guess. Last thing I want is a new scale that says I weigh 5 pounds more than the old one :tongue:
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic incentive! Kudos to your workplace.

If it was me I'd take the subway card. That's a lot of healthy last minute meals right there.
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My vote is the waterpik. But I think it is funny they won't give you a grocery card and assume you are buying healthy things, but they will assume you are buying healthy from Subway.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would so get workout clothes :)
  • shar0006
    shar0006 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How many total points can you earn? I got a heart rate monitor (which tracks my calories burned and heart rate) for Christmas and I absolutely LOVE it.. Not sure if you have one or if they will let you accumulate the points for one but this might be something you'd like.

Could also ask if they'd purchase new gym shoes for you. I am a wellness committee member for our company and that's what they did one year.

Or you could always ask for a Sigg water bottle (comes in all sizes), BPA free and encourages you to drink lots of water. =)

Congrats on your points!
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    CLOTHES!!!! Nothing better than being able to go to the gym in some fun new work out wear!! lol, but that's just me ;)
  • Kailel
    Kailel Posts: 61 Member
    Options

I thought about that, or heck, even a gas card would be nice, but they said it had to be fitness related (so they can't just give a gift card and assume I will buy healthy food - buwahaha)

I just found this, which is actually something I would love to have:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Utility-Bench/11993394

I already have some weights, but no bench to use them with.

Why can't they just assume you're buying healthy food? They're just assuming you're not using your Subway card for chips and cookies! Same thing. :laugh:
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'd get the scale!

ETA: or $50 worth of workout clothes, I missed that the first time!
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Subway card is a keeper, kudos for this great insenitive.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options

I thought about that, too..... I would be a little leery about a new scale being different than my current one. I'd have to weigh myself side by side to calibrate the new one, I'd guess. Last thing I want is a new scale that says I weigh 5 pounds more than the old one :tongue:

I think this is what I would get as well. I would say they are most def going to weigh different but YOU know you havent changed so I would think that would be a minor set back. Can you save up more points or is that the cap? You could aim for something big!!!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of against subway.. the stuff there always looks limp and weak compared to veggies from the supermarket.

Anyways I vote either the panini machine because that's awesome.. or a food processor!!! I love my food processor.

OR you could see if that 50$ could go towards something at the gym... like yoga classes or a personal trainer for a day or a nutritionist. It'd be awesome to get expert advice!
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    My vote is the waterpik. But I think it is funny they won't give you a grocery card and assume you are buying healthy things, but they will assume you are buying healthy from Subway.

Hey, that's a good point!!
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on the points you've earned and your weight loss. Way to Go!.

I would go with work out clothes or Subway!
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    How many total points can you earn? I got a heart rate monitor (which tracks my calories burned and heart rate) for Christmas and I absolutely LOVE it.. Not sure if you have one or if they will let you accumulate the points for one but this might be something you'd like.

Could also ask if they'd purchase new gym shoes for you. I am a wellness committee member for our company and that's what they did one year.

Or you could always ask for a Sigg water bottle (comes in all sizes), BPA free and encourages you to drink lots of water. =)

Congrats on your points!

You can only submit points for a single year - April 1st to April 1st. So when April 1st rolls around, I start over. Had I been keeping track of stuff since then, I'd probably have 1000 points. There's always this coming year!!

Just bought new Saucony running shoes (love, love, love them), but that makes me think about getting some more wicking socks....hmmmm.

Water bottles are always a good idea, too!