Ladies, when you say, "I lift, little cardio." What does tha

Options
13»

Replies

• tlhorsley
    tlhorsley Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    As the others stated New Rules does have a lot of pictures to go along with the lifting he has you do plus he does a good job describing how you should be doing it. Youtube is also helpful on watching correct form.

I got it from the library to check it out before buying it and decided to buy it that it is well worth the time and the money.

I am only in week 3 and am so impressed with the difference it has made in my body already. Granted I am the only one that can notice the changes so far but there are changes by week 3!! And I have been lifting (not nearly heavy enough) consistently for 3 years.

I had made the mistake in the past of doing crazy cardios with a little lifting and now that I have flipped it I am seeing much better and faster results.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I have a question, do you need a gym membership to do the News Rules of Lifting? I'd like to start but don't belong to a gym. I do p90x2 now so I have a good amount of home equipment (pull-up bar, a few dumbbells, and bands.) THanks for yours help!

No, but it would make it easier, and give you room to increase your weights more.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I have a question, do you need a gym membership to do the News Rules of Lifting? I'd like to start but don't belong to a gym. I do p90x2 now so I have a good amount of home equipment (pull-up bar, a few dumbbells, and bands.) THanks for yours help!

No, but it would make it easier, and give you room to increase your weights more.

I agree you don't have to have a gym but it would be easier if so. I do mine at home, I have dumbbells up to 100 lbs, I have a total body weight machine with cable pulleys. The only thing I really need to get is a squat rack so for now I just do squats and deads with dumbbells.