ohyeah! i had a real ?... sexual orientation...

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
to stay within rules - i am NOT being sexually explicit - I'm asking about sexual orientation. big difference. (and for the record - straight, bi, gay or les, makes no matter to me - you all rule)

let's say i have this "friend", who is a girl.

is it possible for my "friend" to be attracted sexually to another girl and still be considered straight? Or is just the fact that I, i mean, my "friend" is sexually attracted to another girl while still being sexually attracted to boys, mean she's bi?

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Depends, if she's in college it's called experimenting:flowerforyou:
  • Sweet_T_McGee_HeatherSadie
    Options
    As Butters would say. . . bi curious :)
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    is a vegetarian who eats a steak not a vegetarian?

in my opinion, it is whichever you prefer the majority of the time. it's simplistic, but i don't feel like working my brain out right now.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I consider myself completely straight, but some women are just hawt, like, fantasy inducing hot.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    As Butters would say. . . bi curious :)

as Tobias Funke would say 'oh, i'm buy-curious'
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I consider myself completely straight, but some women are just hawt, like, fantasy inducing hot.

^^this.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    to stay within rules - i am NOT being sexually explicit - I'm asking about sexual orientation. big difference. (and for the record - straight, bi, gay or les, makes no matter to me - you all rule)

is it possible for my "friend" to be attracted sexually to another girl and still be considered straight? Or is just the fact that I, i mean, my "friend" is sexually attracted to another girl while still being sexually attracted to boys, mean she's bi?

I've never experienced this myself, but I have to say that I don't believe in absolutes. I think we're all on a sliding scale, and I think 'gay', 'straight' and 'bi' are just definitions for those in a clear-cut area of that scale. I believe 'your friend' could be sexually attracted to certain females and still identify as 'straight' as long as it's only a few females. If that 'friend' found they were getting to a point where it was past about 20/80 of people they were attracted to, I'd expect them to probably identify as bi if they were labelling themself.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...

I would say the following based on a late "friend" of dear to my heart...

The answer lies in the frequency of said "crossing the line" and the party/parties gathered within that frequency.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I don't like labels. I live by the idea of the sexual spectrum. One end is totally 100% straight and the other is totally 100% homo. I think, unless someone is asexual, they fall somewhere along the spectrum. I think it's rare to be one of the extremes. I definitely am sexually attracted to girls, although, most of my experiences are with men. Sexuality is far more than just who you choose to have sex with. That's my opinion.

Edit: I guess I just basically said the same thing as Cheryl.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Hm, I thought about this recently because my m-i-l is with a woman and they have been together a long time, and I would say she fell in the love with the person and if something happened to that relationship, she would probably date men, but her partner would probably never date men. We're probably all on that spectrum of being attracted to some people of the same sex (the spectrum from not at all to very much)
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options

^^ this. Have you seen my MFP friend list... including you! BTW, speaking of fantasy inducing, where has Ty been?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Sweet_T_McGee wrote: As Butters would say. . . bi curious :)

^^^This girl rocks! And she's right. ^^^
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I don't like labels. I live by the idea of the sexual spectrum. One end is totally 100% straight and the other is totally 100% homo. I think, unless someone is asexual, they fall somewhere along the spectrum. I think it's rare to be one of the extremes. I definitely am sexually attracted to girls, although, most of my experiences are with men. Sexuality is far more than just who you choose to have sex with. That's my opinion.

You and Cheryl put it better than I ever could :)
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    sexuality is a fluid thing. i hate labels, whatever the label is, no one fits into it perfectly.

so you can say shes bi curious, or straight with bi leanings, whatever.

but really, can anyone say they are 100% heterosexual or homosexual. we are attracted to what we're attracted to, doesnt mean we have to label it...
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options

Disagree with the falling along the spectrum because I find NOTHING attractive about a dude... absolutely NOTHING!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Meh. Whatever it is, just go with it.
    I've been attracted to girls all my life, but I'm also attracted to guys.
    However, I do prefer being in an emotional relationship with guys,
    but when it comes to sex both can join ;D
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

^^ this. Have you seen my MFP friend list... including you! BTW, speaking of fantasy inducing, where has Ty been?
    Thanks! I love being ogled, and it doesn't happen nearly often enough. :)
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options

I would contend that, with the repeated use of the words 'sexually' and 'sexual' you are, in fact, being sexually explicit. Therefore, I'm going to have to insist that you use an NSFW tag in future, otherwise I may have to consider reporting you. Having said that, there was this one time, in band camp....
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Well.

That's something I can't honestly answer, but I can share MY experience here.

I identify as a lesbian. I have for as long as I can remember, though I tried pretty hard to pretend I was as straight as can be (and even married the world's biggest *kitten* in the process). Once I left him, I ended up falling quite hard, emotionally, for another guy (who I'm currently with). Do I find him attractive? Of course. But he's the exception, not the rule.

I'm gay. I just happen to be in love with a guy. Whatevs.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options

This. I see it as a sort of bell curve, with most people in one of the "thirds" of the curve, than at the exact middle or ends...
    I have family and friends that fit all over this curve. I'm somewhere in the "straight-ish" third.