What's for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• aj56155
    aj56155 Posts: 6
    Options
    Diner Meatloaf tonight (it's my birthday).
  • jentaylor1015
    jentaylor1015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Grilled tilapia, mango salsa and brown rice. Maybe a small glass of red wine.:drinker: :drinker:
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    Options
    It's beautiful here this week so tonight we are grilling boneless, skinless chicken breasts and 99% fat free hot dogs for the little kiddos. We will have salad and brussel sprouts probably with it and mac n cheese for the little ones. :) Now I'm hungry-lol!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I wonder... Probably tuna salad or a turkey dog. Yum!
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    View my diary...I cook A LOT, and have some good ideas. If you need any recipes, I'm willing to share. Tonight on the menu is Grilled Portabella mushrooms with a feta and herb stuffing, grilled veggies and a potato. I don't eat pork or beef anymore, but my hubby is having an 8oz steak to go with it all. BBQ season is upon us (well, at least in Southern Ontario!)
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    need ideas too! bump!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Last night we had shrimp and whole wheat linguini with steamed broccoli on the side. Even the kids loved it.

Tonight... ?? It's grocery shopping night. lol
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have this huge snap lock Tupperware that I fill with salad. Then I get all sorts of toppings - hard boiled eggs, cheddar, slivered almonds, feta, grilled chicken, taco meat, salsa, sour cream, avocado, apples...

Every day I can quickly build a different salad for each meal. It is easy to calorie count and I don't get bored.
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea!!
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I will eat less during the day so that I can have a big dinner at night. If my dinner is not around 1000 calories, I am usually not very happy with it. Last night was porchetta, green beans, and a salad with chopped bacon and egg. Tonight is tacos. It helps me cook for company and eat the quantities I enjoy.
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash with homemade veggie-tomato sauce. and a side salad. i usually get most of my protein in the breakfast lunch time, so to keep it even i try to do a veggies-full dinner!

066.jpg

HOLY MOLY! that picture turned out huge!!!

I LOVE SPAGHETTI SQUASH LIKE THIS!!! A girl who has my heart!
  • bellanena
    bellanena Posts: 74
    Options
    Grilled tilapia, garden salad and steamed broccoli with fresh cut pineapple for dessert :tongue: Haven't figured out what I will do for dressing yet, because I do not want to be over on my sodium :sad:
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I have two go to foods in the house at all times: 1. PB and J (sara lee 45 cal wheat bread only has 15g of carbs for 2 slices, sugar free jam and creamy peanut butter. 2. salad fixings (tub of organic baby romain my favorite low cal/fat dressing, variety of nuts, sometimes deli meats and sometimes feta or goats cheese)

Dinner tonight:
    crushed blueberry pork tenderloin
    steamed broccoli butter & salt
    rice or maybe some leftover fingerling potatoes.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Grilled tilapia, garden salad and steamed broccoli with fresh cut pineapple for dessert :tongue: Haven't figured out what I will do for dressing yet, because I do not want to be over on my sodium :sad:

Try lemon juice.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Tonight is homemade Lentil, Bean & Veggie Soup, loaded with veggies (cabbage, leek, onion, brocolli, spinach & carrots). Made a big batch of it on Monday for dinner and it was also lunch yesterday, dinner tonight and the rest in the freezer for lunches.

The other night I heard the best nutrition advice I've heard in a long time - make the salad the entree. That's what I usually do, have a big spinach salad with tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, light feta, olives, a few Craisins then whatever lean protein I choose (usually chicken breast but sometimes salmon. Yum!!!!!
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Sauteed onions, peppers, and chicken with some cajun spices on top of a baked potato. Yum!
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Tonight: Couscous and steamed veggies! Yum!
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Tonight is crockpot beef stew with potato and carrots. I might do some "fried" apples to go with it. (Sautee in nonstick pan until carmelized, then simmer with a little water, stevia, and cinnamon. Even the hubby loves it!
  • bellanena
    Options

Try lemon juice.

Just lemon juice on the salad? Or do you mean for the fish?
  • bellanena
    Options
    Tonight is crockpot beef stew with potato and carrots. I might do some "fried" apples to go with it. (Sautee in nonstick pan until carmelized, then simmer with a little water, stevia, and cinnamon. Even the hubby loves it!

Yum! Sounds really good!