Peanut butter

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    As long as it's american peanut butter, and you read the label and it just says peanuts and maybe oil...wouldn't it all taste the same?

(i know british peanut butter tastes like doo)

Nope.
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    I've been buying the Jif Natural To Go 1.5 oz containers (8 pack) to stash in my desk. I tend to have issues overeating PB (me + jar of PB = trainwreck) so this helps me with portions. That said, I ate 2 containers today. Womp womp. Quite delicious!!

This is a very good idea!

FYI, Jif Natural is the same ingredients as the Skippy.

I assumed that, but the indiviual containers are a good idea.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    As long as it's american peanut butter, and you read the label and it just says peanuts and maybe oil...wouldn't it all taste the same?

(i know british peanut butter tastes like doo)

Why would you want added oil? Peanuts have plenty of their own.
  • Jeaninedj
    Jeaninedj Posts: 43
    Options
    Adam's Creamy Peanut Butter. Once you get over the separation factor - it's fantastic. Peanuts and salt are the only ingredients or if you're around a Whole Foods you can make fresh peanut butter from the machines (or almond, cashew, etc.) Very tasty.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I just remember there being a second ingredient on many naturals, couldn't remember which, likely salt. i think some add peanut oil.

meh.
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    PB2 is amazing. You essentially make your own peanut butter because you're mixing it up yourself, which makes you feel like a chef. Also, Crazy Richards peanut butter is good! The more healthy peanut butters tend to be creamy and I miss the crunch. Almond butter has been said to be a slightly better choice than peanut butter, nutrient wise.
  • janetvbuchanan
    Options
    I eat smart balance peanut butter. It was kind of a change going from regular to that, but I'm definitely used to it by now!
  • heartflood
    heartflood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How come you don't grind your own? Either at a supermarket or with a grinder? :)
  • VegnSoy
    VegnSoy Posts: 2
    Options
    http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.php

I tried PB2 and personally did not care for it. This is delicious though...
  • gymshoe42
    gymshoe42 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Costco's house brand organic is awesome

and take everything from mark's daily apple with a grain of salt. Keep in mind the driver of that entire site is to make money
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My local grocery store allows you to grind your own from fresh or honey roasted peanuts. They also do almond butter but I can't quite go there yet. You can even make your own in the food processor. Choose unsalted, roasted peanuts. You can add a dash of salt or a touch of honey if you prefer and blend until it's as smooth as you like. Great thing about natural is that when it separates you can just dump the oil off...save a few cals and fat grams for something else.
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I like Justin's Hazelnut Peanut Butter, though I hardly buy it because it's not available where I currently live. Boooo.
    If you live near a Whole Foods, you can make your own peanut butter in-store!
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    Trader Joe's organic peanut butter. Only ingredient is unsalted peanuts. I also like Smucker's natural creamy. Only salted peanuts.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Smucker's Natural Creamy (http://www.smuckers.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?groupId=2&categoryId=11&flavorId=65). Most other peanut butters taste too smooth and over-processed to me, but I would happily eat a jar of this in a day or two...
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I buy Field Day Organic Peanut Butter from my local healthy food store. I keep it in the fridge to give it the consistency I expect from my peanut butter. It has no added sugar, which a lot of the major "natural brands" have.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    What we do is just to go to Sam's and get the big peanut cans, put them in a food processor and that becomes our peanut butter. It really is good, cheap and natural (as far as I can tell...).
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Any of these should suffice. 4Tbsp daily min..lol...but seriously 4.

pbproblem-1.jpg
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Smuckers is awesome
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a great one! If you are looking for other yummy nut butters (teehee), Justin's makes an awesome maple almond and a delicious chocolate hazelnut....both all natural!
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Adam's is my favourite on it's own, but I use PB2 for anything it's mixed into, like shakes, protein bars, etc.