5'4" and size 16?

Options

Replies

• skinnyBellgirl
    skinnyBellgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was 206 when I was a size 16. I'm 5'3", but am similar because when I got married at 150 pounds, I was a size 10... hope that helps.:smile:
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3, 186 lbs, and my size 16's are starting to feel more loose, but some 14's still fit pretty snug due to my belly.
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4" and started (Jan 20)at 172...my size 12's were too tight and I refused to buy bigger clothes.
    I am currently 151 and am wearing my size 10's very comfortably! I didn't really change sizes to a 10 until just recently because my husband said my pants looked way too big--I just thought they finally felt comfy!!! I had a bunch of pants under my bed because they didn't fit, and had been there quite some time, and I feel like I am getting a new wardrobe!!!
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    SW 215 size 16/14 pant and 18 or 1/2x tops
    CW 162 size 10/8 pant and lrg tops
  • jessica7368
    jessica7368 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh if you are this size? I'm curious to see if we're similar ... I've lost 17 lbs since the end of January and was in an 18. Now in a size 16. I'm hoping to get to a 12 / 14 this summer.

No matter how active I've been I've always weighed more than friends. Even when I was a size 8 I was about 150lbs. I've always been very muscular and know it weighs more than fat. It still stings sometimes though ...
    when I was a size 16 I weighed 180. However I'm only 5'1.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You sound similar to me, in highschool i was a size 10 and 160 pounds.....or a size 8 in dresses.....I'm 252 right now and im a size 20 at 5'4 but i have a HUGE butt and thick thighs....not really a HUGE belly, i have a smaller waist
  • elgrouse
    elgrouse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, started at 204lbs in a size UK16 top & bottom, although I have to go for flared or wide leg trousers mostly as my legs are huge and have always seemed disproportionate to the rest of my body! With straight legs jeans I would have to go to a size 18/20 just to get them over my legs but then they'd be HUGE in the waist and round my bum. Anyway, I'm currently 195lbs and haven't dropped a size yet.

Is a UK 16 a US14?
  • mscarmen803
    Options
    Im 5'4 started out weighing 180..current weight 166..in a size 14
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You sound similar to me, in highschool i was a size 10 and 160 pounds.....or a size 8 in dresses.....I'm 252 right now and im a size 20 at 5'4 but i have a HUGE butt and thick thighs....not really a HUGE belly, i have a smaller waist

Sounds like me too! I'm 5'3 and a size 10 at 163lbs
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and this morning I weighed 165.6. I wear 10s and 12s. I am one of four daughters and we're all different sizes but we have one thing in common...we are soild like oak trees!

Oh well...what can you do? A number is a number...I just know that I am a healthy 165-pounder and when I reach my goal of 150, I will be even healthier!

Keep going! :)
  • emilymorrisfoster
    emilymorrisfoster Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and a size 16. I weigh 178lbs.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I fit in size 16 (not size 1 petite though). I am hoping to lose 60lbs and get down to 145-155 area and be a 14. It depends on your hips and hpw much junk is in your trunk to be honest about the sizing, but good luck with your weight loss.
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and wore a size 16 (and fit into a loose 18) at 200 lbs.
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5, 260 lbs (thereabouts), and I wear a size 18 jeans. And.. ODDLY enough, even a couple of 16's, depending on the brand, I guess.. This is why I am more determined than ever that my journey not be about weight, but rather clothes sizes, measurements, etc. .
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and I wear a size 16 (195lbs). I carry most of my weight in my stomach and butt =[ I'm really hoping to get down to a 11-12 before the end of summer this yr.
  • NicoleG_86
    NicoleG_86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Before my son, I was a size 4 and weighed 136lbs at 5'4. No one believed me. I can completely understand where you are coming from. Currently I am a size 10 and weigh 172 lbs. You are indeed more muscluar as am I but I don't think it's a bad thing. I have learned that they actual weight doesn't matter. It's how you fit in your clothes and how you feel about the way your body looks. As long as you get to your goal SIZE and your body looks the way you want it to and you feel healthy, the actual number on the scale doesn't matter. Good luck to you :)
  • vmassey88
    vmassey88 Posts: 73
    Options
    im just now starting not to fit in siz 16 but i am 6'1 and 220lbs
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5 and started out weighing 256-wearing a size 18w-20w depending on the brand...I am now at 202 and in a regular size 16 :)
    Its interesting to see all of the different body types/shapes that wear the same clothing size.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4. When I started my weight loss journey, I was 165 and a size 11/12. Now I'm right around 135, bouncing between 135 and 138 and a size 3/4.
  • thinsoundsgood
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and at 197 I was a size 16. Now I'm 178 I'm a size 13!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!