Under 1000 calories Per day....

Options
13»

Replies

• ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Just read through some docs from Debbie's company - the reason why I didn't get hungry is probably because that's one of the results of being in ketosis.

BTW, I weigh in daily and update my stats (most days) here:

http://cbeinfo.net/weight.htm

About 90% of people who lose weight are not successful in keeping it off. I have yet to see any comparative study between types of diets so, if someone has that info, please share!
  • Xbwalker
    Xbwalker Posts: 65
    Options
    Per the advice of many of you, I am making an effort to put my calories around 1200-1500. I am going to look into protein shakes in the morning because eating a full on meal is difficult for me. Before I began my workout and weight loss schedule, I rarely ate breakfast and when I did, it was sugar filled cereal.

I tried to eat an omelet made with 2 eggs this morning and was full before I was halfway done.
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Per the advice of many of you, I am making an effort to put my calories around 1200-1500. I am going to look into protein shakes in the morning because eating a full on meal is difficult for me. Before I began my workout and weight loss schedule, I rarely ate breakfast and when I did, it was sugar filled cereal.

I tried to eat an omelet made with 2 eggs this morning and was full before I was halfway done.

Protein shakes are a great way to kick off your day. However, I do suggest having a snack between that and lunch. They are filling (at least for me they are), but since I work in retail, I never know when I will actually get my lunch break... could be 12, could be 3.

Also you do have to kind of "retrain" your body to take in more food. I know when I went on a very low calorie diet, it was hard to eat full portions again for a while, but you can, you just have to control it! Start with a one egg omelet, put cheese in it, and cook it in coconut oil. Right there you're going to have a calorie dense breakfast with almost no carbs. Or scramble an egg in coconut oil and cover it in cheese and low sodium ham. (I make mashups of foods, feel free to look at my diary!)

Yesterday I made bacon, eggs, cheese, and tuna all cooked together. High in protein and pretty tasty. Also was cooked in coconut oil. :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

Start with one egg. After eating one egg becomes easy, two will be easier.
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1200-1300 if I can manage to to eat that much but I hit the gym every day 6-7 days a week about 1 hour 30 mins most of the time. I dont have nay issues. year 4 for me. I feel great. Better than when i was a kid and better than when I was 250 lbs. I don't suggest you eat eat low calories however. I was never a huge eater even when I was heavy I just ate food that wasn't lean or full fat. I subsituted with healthier choice and I lost weight. I dont eat excerise calories by the time I'm done with the gym I have supper and I can't eat anymore for the day. Like I said i've never been a big eater just can't consume that much. There are some good suggestions to add peanut butter or protein shakes. I for one drink protein shakes 3 times a day.