Replies

• sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump! can't wait to try some of these. One I make is very easy...

Green Beans (fresh or canned)
    I lb smoked sausage cut up
    potatoes cut if you prefer

throw in the crock pot and cook until the potaoes are done. awesome and easy!
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    bump bump
  • kswilliams77
    Options
    Bump
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bumping! =)
  • downsizedanno
    Options
    Pulled pork in the crock pot is easy, and awesome. Apply a dry rub of your choice to a boneless pork shoulder roast. Mix 1/2 cup of bbq sauce with one can of root beer (I prefer a spicy bbq sauce opposed to a sweet bbq sauce; there is plenty of sweetness in the root beer). Put liquid in crock pot, then set pork in. Cook on low for 12 hours. Remove pork, and let it rest for about thirty minutes to an hour. Meanwhile skim the fat from the surface of the liquid, and throw the fat away. When the pork is cool enough to handle shred it by hand. Take the extra time to separate the fat and gristle out of the meat. Put meat back in crock pot and cook for about another hour on low. It's great on a bun with a little side dish of the braising liquid for dipping.
  • tinkerbella01
    Options
    bump
  • ellengrubb
    Options
    Bump
  • Tamara1922
    Tamara1922 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What size is the serving??
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • tnwcross
    tnwcross Posts: 6
    Options
    bump
  • aguilarrumiko
    aguilarrumiko Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • hannp
    hannp Posts: 34
    Options
    I made lamb shanks yesterday

On a low heat I just put in 2 lamb shanks, can of crushed tomatoes with basil (watties for nz people), cup of chicken stock and a clove of crushed garlic then cooked it for 8hrs
    Was flipping delicious i pulled the meat off the bone and made a lamb salad.
    Plenty left over aswell
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump !!!
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pooh431bear
    pooh431bear Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aewalk07
    aewalk07 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know Chili season is pretty much over...BUT I have to share this:

1-2 lbs of Laura's Lean Ground Beef
    2 Cans of Mild or Hot Rotel
    1 Can diced tomatoes or you can dice several (2-3) fresh Roma Tomatoes (I like to use fresh)
    Fresh Cilantro (if you don't like Cilantro, you can leave it out)
    Sour Cream
    Onion
    Shredded Cheese (cheddar, or your favorite)
    Oyster Crackers
    1 Spicy v8 Juice (in the juice aisle, large bottle)
    2 McCormick taco seasoning packets (mild or Medium)

1.Turn the Croc Pot on low heat for 4 hours, or if you want it to simmer longer you can turn it on high heat for 6-8 hours but it doesn't need to cook that long.

2. Place in the croc pot the whole bottle of spicy v8 juice, McCormick seasoning, Rotel, diced tomatoes or roma tomatoes, onion, and a few cilantro leaves to taste. Stir.

3. While the ingredients in the croc pot are getting warm, brown the meat and drain. I love Laura's Lean beef because there it not much fat to it so there is not much to drain.

4.Add meat to the chilli and let it simmer for a few minutes. It's pretty much ready to eat, but I like to let it cook together for at least an hour or so to really marinate all the flavors together.

5. Boil some angel hair pasta if you like noodles in your chili. (I find if you add pasta to the croc pot, the pasta will soak up all the juices and you won't have much if any at all. I always add the pasta separately).

6. In a bowl add the pasta, chilli, and top with onion, sour cream, cheese, and oyster crackers. Enjoy!