Female Weight Training - Roll call!

Options

Replies

• melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm training for The Spartan Sprint in May, so I'm working on building muscle too.
    I've done P90X, Turbo Fire, and Insanity: The Asylum. My good friend is studying to be a personal trainer and I'm her guinea pig of sorts. We're doing lots of lifting. Oh and run at least once a week.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I have been doing strength training since July of last year.
  • Mera_Mera
    Mera_Mera Posts: 153
    Options
    I've been doing it faithfully for a month. I lift 3-4x a week. I do cardio 5x a week, well, because I need to so fat and strengthen my heart and lungs. Count me in! You can send me a request! I would love some motivation! I need motivation.
  • MisFitMom219
    MisFitMom219 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    P R E S E N T! --- I too dream of competing in the future!

I like to lift heavy & train hard...currently following Jamie Easons 12week Live Fit, with a few tweaks....

Would love to have another like minded friend! Also interested in learning new training methods & techniques.

---sent you a request (:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    For those of you doing the 5X5 - how are you liking it so far? Have heard great things about it and may definitely consider trying that out!

I've been doing it for 3.5 weeks now. REALLY like it. My squats were stuck at 95lbs for like 2 months. Now they are up to 115lbs.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I literally started yesterday, so I could use more weight-training women friends. :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started back lifting this week. I'm doing CharLean Extreme to start. I'm also re-reading NROLFW. I've been researching on Bodybuilding.com about how I should be lifting. I'm focusing on fat loss right now so I do zumba everyday to get a good cardio burn and then I lift every other day.

Feel free to friend me.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I started working with a personal trainer doing strength training and lifting about a year and a half ago and it has been amazing! I work for him now and he is a competitive body builder and trains others to do the same. He has encouraged me to train for a figure competition, but I am not ready for that yet. We'll see!
  • lrdavenport23
    lrdavenport23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm about 10 lbs. from my goal weight and I plan 2 start my heavy lifting program next week. It looks like I'm starting to lose my hips and butt so I know its time to cut back on my cardio. I usually do cardio & weight training combined 3 to 4 days a week. Would love the support from you all and I'll give the same supoort as well. Feel free to add me.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for almost a month now... can already feel some biceps developing!

I'd love some more lady lifters as friends! all please feel free to add me!!
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of Stage 3 of NROLFW; it's my first go-round with heavy weights. Learning proper form, learning my limits & when to push them, loving all of it. I also do a little cardio, a little yoga, and I'm a former P90X-er.

Please feel free to add me, OP or any other posters here..... :flowerforyou:
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Me I love lifting heavy stuff!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I do cardio and strength training but I am still a newbie at strength training and could use friends that have experience in the strength training area. I want to be fit and actually have muscle tone. Any help and advice would be welcome!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I try to mix cardio and weights. I'm a totally newbie to weight training though, so I still post a million questions about it! :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    For those of you doing the 5X5 - how are you liking it so far? Have heard great things about it and may definitely consider trying that out!

I've been doing it for 3.5 weeks now. REALLY like it. My squats were stuck at 95lbs for like 2 months. Now they are up to 115lbs.

I personally love it - I'm also in the middle of my third week (next workout is workout 12 and I just did 115 too, tomorrow is 120 - dang rae, why aren't we friends yet). I don't think its a good program for someone who is not focused on lifting though, I can't imagine trying to do any other kind of high intensity workouts and lift these amounts. In the beginning I was still running sometimes but now I feel like I can't expend ANY serious muscle power outside of the lifting because I don't want to "waste" it. I still do some cardio but its light easy non-strenuous cardio.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I strength train 4 times a week, 2 of the days being cardio and strength training. After I lose about 15 pounds from that I plan on increasing my weight days to 5 days a week :)
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I can't claim to weight train YET, but I begin a weight training class on Tuesday. I am really excited to finally figure out how to do this. I'll continue weight training once school is finished by finally getting a gym membership!

I'm about 50% through NROWLFW but I'll have someone to guide me as I'm doing workouts so it should go well.
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey I try to weight train about 3 days a week. I really like the difference it's made in my body.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting since September 2011-love it! Did NROLFW, now I'm doing my own thing.