Female Weight Training - Roll call!

Options
New to MFP - looking for other females who primarily weight train.

Would love to keep in touch to share progress, help keep each other motivated, and bounce ideas off each other. I'm planning to compete in figure next year so a lot of my training is in anticipation of that.

Friend me! :)

Replies

• SinkTheBismarck
    Options
    I've been doing strength training every day and ingesting about 1500 cal/day (net).

I do check my friend's meals and poke them when they aren't doing so well, so I'll let you choose if you wanna have me in your friends list. :D lol

Add me if you want extra support / push
  • xerotolerance
    Options
    Here! I'll friend ya. I love lifting heavy things, and am working to gett stronger and leaner!
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    Awesome - sent a request to sorachiace and accepted xero's :)
  • cyncetastic
    Options
    Bump :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

Stronglifts 5x5 right now, 3x a week, and almost nothing else because I am too damn lazy.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Right now i'm working on more fat loss but still incorperating strength training but once i get lower on the scale I'm gonna be doing some hardcore strength training I wanna look strong, lean, and toned :D

Add me if you want, i could use the push, and i'll return the favour :)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I do some... mostly in circuit training.. feel free to add me!
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I lift 4-5 days a week! Would love some muscle motivation and to motivate! :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I do some cardio because I also do some running race throughout the year, but my goal is to lift more! I did most of Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer (stopped b/c of some health issues) and loved getting back into lifting after taking too many years off! I also do Body Pump class with some friends once a week. So most of this year I was lifting 4 to 5 days a week, but I just started Stronglifts 5x5 yesterday so I will be doing that 2 to 3 times a week, maybe still doing Body Pump and running 3 days a week to build up endurance for my first race of the year in May!
  • cyncetastic
    Options
    For those of you doing the 5X5 - how are you liking it so far? Have heard great things about it and may definitely consider trying that out!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Me.... New Rules of Lifting for Women, just started Stage Two this week.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    I lift four times a week. Love it!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I lift weights 3x per week, plus other strength building exercises a couple times a week (pole and body weight exercises). I also do cardio (there are health benefits to having a strong cardiovascular system), but it's not my primary focus.
  • cremick15
    Options
    That is awesome! I weight train with cardio mix. I have a trainer to help me thru the lifting process making sure I do it properly. Love seeing women doing weight training as part of their process.
    10036 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Been doing NROL4W for a few workouts. Recently picked up some heavier weights too. I inherited some sissy weights from my parents and needed to up the bar!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Just starting NROLW this week--would love some lifting buddies (I'm quite the newb), so please feel free to add me, anybody. Cheers!
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Starting stage 2 with NROL4W.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    *here*

Been lifting since November. I started with New Rules but moved on to my own thing. Feel free to send me a FR! :smile:
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginner, but me!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Here! I lift regularly. I just finished stage 1 of NROL4W and I'm looking into starting the Stronglifts 5x5 program.

Side note: I also am a runner, so I do some cardio as well. My first half is coming up and after that I'm cutting back on running and focusing more on strength training.