Question for the guys

Options
mill1295
mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
How often do you cook dinner? If someone else cooks, do you clean up?

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    The majority of nights because I am single. I usually clean up after myself.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    My hubby cooks every night. He cleans up afterward (or the next day) as well.

I'm extremely lucky to have a personal chef and house cleaner :)
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Married three years, cook 90% of the time when we are not cooking together and do the dishes. I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I cook quite a bit, and I do most all the grilling. I hate to clean up so I do it when i feel like loading the dish washer.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Icook dinner or breakfast a couple times a week, and usually I will do dishes because my wife says I am anal. She is so lucky, haha.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i cook all 3 meals, and clean up
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I cook and clean regardless of my relationship status. =]
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Where do I find one like these?
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ha Kim that's what I want to know..
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    ha unreal...
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    about 4 to 5 nights a week, my wife works later than I do so it works best that way. She makes the menu though:happy:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I bake about once a week.
    I grill about once a week.
    I clean up the dinner plates, but the dishwasher does most of the work(contrary to what my wife says).
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I get home earlier on week days so I usually do most of the cooking, 4-5 nights a week. I also do the dishes and clean up at least 80% of the time.
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Where do I find one like these?

Seriously!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I cook and clean for every single meal.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I dont cook much other than for myself but I do the dishes, grocery shopping and the laundry, does that count??
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Because I travel frequently for work I cook for my wife and children every night when I'm in town except weekends. The kids clean up. When my children were younger my wife and I had a standing rule. If you didn't help cook it, you have to clean up afterwards without help. If we both cooked it, we both clean up.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If you didn't help cook it, you have to clean up afterwards without help. If we both cooked it, we both clean up.

I like this rule.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    When I was in a relationship, it all depended on who got home first or was in the mood. It was probably a 50/50 split, with me maybe going longer stretches of doing the majority becuase I would get home earlier.
    Clean up, we both hated it so it came down to whoevery had the time when it needed to be done. Or we'd share in the duty.
    Single, Obviously I do everything, everyday.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    My husband cooks 2-3 nights a week. I always clean up, but only because I'm pickier than he is :tongue: