Question for the guys

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I cook every night. I clean as I go. By the time dinner is plated, the pots, pans and utensils are already washed and in the drainer or dishwasher. Everyone clears their own dishes afterwards.

On weekends, when we have guests over for a BBQ, my wife supports me inside with whatever I may need. Side dish. Dessert. Fixing me another Knob Creek on the rocks. Whatever.

We work together.
  • 04warrior
    04warrior Posts: 16
    Options
    I've been married 24 years and when we were first married, I cooked 100% of the time because my wife did not know how to cook. She learned to cook from me and over the years has become an awesome cook. With different jobs and roles we switched off who cooked dinner. Now, my wife is home full-time, the kids are in college and I work 60-80 hours a week, so my wife won't let me in the kitchen except on the weekends and BBQ's (although she wants to take over the grill now too!), When I do cook, I am like RoadDog and clean as I go.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I cook when I'm home most of the time. I do also clean up a bit as I go, but I prefer to not do any clean up afterwards.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I cook dinner, and my wife and I both cleanup, usually.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Being single, I'm either going to cook or go out to a restaurant. Since I'm trying to shed weight, I'm cooking more often than not. But I have outsourced the majority of the cleaning up part.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Since my wife and I are not on the same page as far as our diets go, we usually both cook together. She'll cook the main course, and I usually cook some vegetables for myself because I am very specific about how I cook them. We have two kids, and usually bath time is right after dinner. Usually she does the bath and I do the cleanup.
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    My fiancee cooks most of the time (because he's an amazing cook), but when he cooks, I clean. When I cook, he cleans.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    she cooks all my meals. i do a bit of cleaning up
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    My wife and I like different foods, so she cooks and cleans her stuff, and I cook and clean mine. If she cooks the meal, I clean up.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If I want to eat then every day of the week. :tongue:
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I do ALL the cooking in my house, baking etc
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I probably average cooking twice a week. The dishes are my responsibility daily regardless who cooks.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    I cook pretty much every meal, I just enjoy it, and have more free time than my wife. She usually cooks a little more on weekends, but I just like to do it more.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I cook, and bake, but clean only if the kids dont.

Plus the other male jobs like Grill, Mow, car repair, Weld, Kill spiders, change lightbulbs, install house hold appliances, maintain our home computers and network, use power tools, drive in big cities.

Hmmm... Im a slave!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    How often do you cook dinner? If someone else cooks, do you clean up?

Everyday. I do it all Its just me and the kids, who else would do ti. Dang and I have to get me my own samich.
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I need a new man, mine never cooks or cleans up, well maybe his plate once in a while.
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Every night. I am a widower. Have to..LOL, or starve. ;-)
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Where do I find one like these?

Um, ditto!
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My wife normally cooks, which she does not mind to do.
    Take her less than 30 or 40 minutes to cook dinner, and I love her dishes !

I like to cook, but do so normally on weekends.

Cleaning? Everyone, including my kids, pick up the dishes, cleans them.
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    I cook close to 100% of the meals and clean up 75% of them.