Now I feel guilty :(

2»

Replies

• Dude. You lost 41lbs? You rock!

Focus on that. :D
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 228 Member
    Don't call it "cheating." everyone has days where they overindulge. You can't expect to go the rest of your life completely avoiding these foods.

It is all about moderation and learning a healthier lifestyle.

Exactly this.
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    You're under your calorie goal, so you're fine as far as weight loss goes. I'm concerned that food/treating yourself makes you feel guilty, though.

I agree with this. I don't even think that what you did today was cheating. It may not have been the healthiest of foods, but you didn't even blow out your calories!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    This will affect you in a negative way if you continue to have a negative relationship with food. There's nothing inherently wrong with any of those foods. If they fit into your goals, what's the problem? Nothing at all.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    If you are under how is it a bad thing? I think it should be ok to have a treat once in a while!
    This,,,

Calories is calories,,, if you have 700 calories to spend on dinner, and you choose to have a slice of pizza instead of cardboard salad w/bean sprouts - and you still keep it under 700 calories,,, then it's not "cheating", it's just another choice.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    Its been almost 3 months, 41 pounds lost and doing great...but tonight I snaped and cheated. I had a local fast food craving with chicken quesadila's, fries and nuggets. Im still under my calorie, fat, protein and such for today, but I feel horrible for screwing up and cheating! Will this really affect me in a negative way???
    No, actually holding back from eating what you want will do more harm. Eating what you feel like is ok every once in a while. No diet is perfect.